Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Oathmark plastic Dwarves  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Bindonblood

• Librarian
Re: New Oathmark plastic Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »
Nick,

Will there be a special offer for these, with metal character figures?

Last year i bought the elves at Salute and spotted the special offer running on the website when I got home.. I'd hate for that to happen again..  :'(

Tim

Offline mithril

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 07:53:29 PM »
every other release they've done that i've seen so far they have special offers of that kind.

hopefully they'll do one this time that'll be like an army starter set with one box of the new set, one of the old set, and then a metal figure or two.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »
We have done that in the past, but to avoid upsetting Tim again, we're not going to with this Dwarf release. It'll just be the box set.

But the Goblin Wolf Riders, that'll be a different story...

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
I am U.S. based. When I search for Oathmark, the only single sprue humans that come up are from Australia from one seller. If others are being listed, they are selling before I see them, which I check eBay twice a day for various searches or they are not listed under Oathmark.

Brigade games in the U.S. sells some of the Frostgrave plastics by the sprue but not all of them and none of the Oathmark. The main problem with them though is their shipping. For some reason, a single sprue sent to me cost $8 shipping. First Class mail in the U.S. for this should cost no more than $4. So by the time you figure in their shipping, it usually is cheaper to buy stuff directly from Northstar.

First, I ship a lot of stuff myself, and the absolute bare minimum for a package or large rigid envelope is $4.06 these days, and that's not even allowing for the fact that packaging costs money too.  Any box large enough to fit an intact sprue would drive the weight up over $4.80 and maybe higher.  A padded envelope would be lighter but not by much, still gets charged at the same rate brackets due to being rigid (can't fold a sprue, after all), and is far more likely to arrive with broken bits.  If Brigade says the shipping is $8 that's probably about what it's costing them.

Second, why don't you try asking around your local gaming group and see if people would like to split a box with you?  Dividing the costs would certainly get you a lower cost per model than trying to order individual sprues, and wouldn't leave you with a ton of extras.

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »
Roll on Salute. I'm really looking forward to getting my sweaty little hands on a couple of boxes of these  ;D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »
We have done that in the past, but to avoid upsetting Tim again, we're not going to with this Dwarf release. It'll just be the box set.

But the Goblin Wolf Riders, that'll be a different story...

Go wolf riders!  Looking forward to these.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 01:07:54 PM »
Good looking dwarfs, but the goblin wolf rider teaser is far more interesting :)

Are we talking 10, 15 or 20 per box? :)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
'Probably' 15. it's not 100% finalised yet.

Offline Bindonblood

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
Thanks Nick. And thank you for the concern about  not upsetting me.   :)

To really not upset me, how about letting me buy one box,get one free?  :D

Like others looking forward to those wolf riders...

Thinking ahead, when you do the Elvish cavalry, can we have an option for horse archers please??

Tim

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 05:24:56 PM »
Thinking ahead, when you do the Elvish cavalry, can we have an option for horse archers please??

I'll second that one!

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 07:50:38 PM »
I'd let you buy one, get one free Tim, but it's Osprey's stand at Salute. Phil's in charge, and man, is he mean.  lol

Elf mounted archers, no problem.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 08:43:40 PM »

A friend loaned me a few articles written by Mr Green about converting historical figures into 1st age Tolkien Elves. Truly inspiring articles!

I'm unduly interested in that stuff!

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »
First, I ship a lot of stuff myself, and the absolute bare minimum for a package or large rigid envelope is $4.06 these days, and that's not even allowing for the fact that packaging costs money too.  Any box large enough to fit an intact sprue would drive the weight up over $4.80 and maybe higher.  A padded envelope would be lighter but not by much, still gets charged at the same rate brackets due to being rigid (can't fold a sprue, after all), and is far more likely to arrive with broken bits.  If Brigade says the shipping is $8 that's probably about what it's costing them.

Second, why don't you try asking around your local gaming group and see if people would like to split a box with you?  Dividing the costs would certainly get you a lower cost per model than trying to order individual sprues, and wouldn't leave you with a ton of extras.

I ship a lot of stuff myself and I think $8 is an inflated rate to ship 1 sprue that will fit in a padded envelope between two pieces of cardboard. To each their own though. As for sharing the cost of a box. I am one of the few people who even plays games like Frostgrave in my area. The others who do use pre-painted minis, Zombicide Black Plague, GW, or Warmachine/Hordes minis. I am the only one who uses any of the Frostgrave minis that these Oathmark size with.

Offline Abbner Home

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 09:24:24 PM »
The only issue I see with these new Oathmark Dwarves is that they are not yet on the shelf at my FLGS. :)