Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Second game of Erehwon  (Read 916 times)

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
Second game of Erehwon
« on: March 16, 2019, 06:26:06 PM »
I must say that this is a really fun game to play. If you are familiar with Gates of Antares or Bolt Action then you will find the mechanics really easy to pick up. This was only my second game and I can say that we only had to refer to the rule book only a few times and two of those was because my Necromancer decided to miscast on two occasions, and what fun they were. If you would like to read more and see some more pictures then you can look at my blog: https://marctgames.wordpress.com/2019/03/16/another-game-of-erehwon/

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Second game of Erehwon
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:29:44 PM »
Thanks for the report Mark.

I tend to agree, a fast fun st of rules.
Played my first game yesterday.
Orcs v Goblins.
Narrow victory to the Goblins.
Points I picked up on,
Don’t mount characters on chariots, if it gets slowed down, he’s effectively out of the game. Chariots are good, but not as mounts for the boss.
Wizards do appear weak, but we only took a level 1 each. That was using 650 pts armies.
Heavy cavalry appear very good.
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
Re: Second game of Erehwon
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 06:18:41 PM »
Yes, our game was a similar size, although we were mainly playing a story so the points were very loose. The magic is not overly powerful, certainly not when taking level one wizards. However, cavalry being able to sprint means that they can go up to 24”. This with the fact that the knights take lances with a +3 on the charge makes them hard hitters and then with resistance of 9 makes them hard to kill. However, a couple of bad throws with 10’s can really change the game, as you cannot re-roll a 10. I must say that I have not put characters in chariots. But chariots can be fairly fickle in my limited experience. Bows can also be good for giving units pins. However, a really nice game that does seem reasonably balanced.