Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for german navy miniatures for a secret base in the north  (Read 2240 times)

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
Hi,

I am looking for miniatures for a german navy project, somewhere in the nordic theater.

I am aware of:

- 6 miniatures made by artizan designs from the thrilling Tales series

- 5 miniatures made by empress miniatures for an u-boat crew

- Warlord games Kriegsmarine squad 10 miniatures

Is there anymore out there that can be used as Kriegsmarine?

I remember a german rubber boat with a crew of four miniatures paddling, but I have no clue which company made that set. 

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:12:58 AM by ichwillauch »

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Looking for 28mm german navy miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:33:04 PM »
Empress and Artizan designs (in their Thrilling tales section) have U-boat crew
If you want Naval Marines/Inf then I have looked for myself but apart from Warlords Kriegsmarine there is not much in WW2
Tsuba do some interwar ones that might be converted

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 04:59:12 PM »
Thanks everyone for the input. I totally forgot about brigade games.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:21:04 PM »
If you're not shy of chopping a bit, you could use Warlord Games Winter germans in coats. Then use the metal sailor heads from the Kriegsmarine and substitute the sailors with sidecaps or helmets in a suited scheme, often white to a somewhat mottled olive/ grey. I made a few like that and they look alright for some Kriegsmarine. For the U Boat commander, the Tactica had a 'Der Alte' figure from Das Boot methinks, might be able to track that down on E bay.

Good luck!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »
I remember a german rubber boat with a crew of four miniatures paddling, but I have no clue which company made that set. 

The only German rubber boats I remember seeing were crewed by Army figures for the Fall of France.

Not sure who by. Someone like Brittania perhaps? But they might have been 20mm
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »
Think Barrage Miniatures has some german rubberboats and crew.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 01:58:30 AM »
Definitely Barrage Miniatures for the rubber boats and paddlers.

There are some Kriegsmarine artillerymen/gunners on Shapeways.

The only German rubber boats I remember seeing were crewed by Army figures for the Fall of France.

Not sure who by. Someone like Brittania perhaps? But they might have been 20mm
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »
The old Revell pioneers in 1/72th scale or 00 scale also had a group of four paddling a rubber boat. I think equipped with zeltbahn shelter quarters.

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 02:28:29 PM »
I use the Tsuba Reichsmarine infantry for my Last Levy army - they scale well with Warlord and are beautiful sculpts. While it's not 100% accurate, my head canon justifies it that these were recruits who were pulled into Berlin and issued any old uniforms that could be dug up.

https://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2016/08/interwarww2-kriegsmarine-infantry.html

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »
I use the Tsuba Reichsmarine infantry for my Last Levy army - they scale well with Warlord and are beautiful sculpts. While it's not 100% accurate, my head canon justifies it that these were recruits who were pulled into Berlin and issued any old uniforms that could be dug up.

https://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2016/08/interwarww2-kriegsmarine-infantry.html

Yup second this gorgeous figures that with a few headswaps could add some variety
Also second Barrage miniatures for the paddlers they look the part

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
Hi,

I am looking for miniatures for a german navy project, somewhere in the nordic theater.

I am aware of:

- 6 miniatures made by artizan designs from the thrilling Tales series

- 5 miniatures made by empress miniatures for an u-boat crew

- Warlord games Kriegsmarine squad 10 miniatures

Is there anymore out there that can be used as Kriegsmarine?

Thanks in advance

I needed some for my Norway project for the Defenders of Narvik. I have used the Redoubt Austro-Hungarian sailors from the Boxer Rebellion range (the hat is close to the German style) with the odd headswap of a German helmet  and jackboots on some of them, and the cartridge pouches cut off and some German equipment added. The old rifles are not a problem as the survivors from the naval battles were re-armed with antiquated weapons from the Norwegian army stores. I plan to have a couple in greatcoats too but with the sailor heads.
None of my conversions are painted yet but here is a link to the Redoubt figs:
https://www.redoubtenterprises.com/product-category/colonials/boxer-rebellion/austro-hungarian/

PS the figures are better than they look in the photos! And not too big. They fit OK with Crusader, Artizan
etc
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:19:04 PM by vodkafan »
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input and the informations!

This is a cool idea, especially with the winter german plastic set available.

If you're not shy of chopping a bit, you could use Warlord Games Winter germans in coats. Then use the metal sailor heads from the Kriegsmarine and substitute the sailors with sidecaps or helmets in a suited scheme, often white to a somewhat mottled olive/ grey. I made a few like that and they look alright for some Kriegsmarine. For the U Boat commander, the Tactica had a 'Der Alte' figure from Das Boot methinks, might be able to track that down on E bay.

Good luck!

Tsuba and redoubt sailors are a good option, too and I have ordered the boats & paddlers from baggade miniatures.

They look fantastic, very inspiring!

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
Re: Looking for german navy miniatures for a secret base in the north
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »
Started printing models for the german navy base. Because the base should be a small one, I decided to go for small u-boats found on thingiverse.

First the german mini-sub Seehecht

the prints have some problems, especially the periscope must be replaced by plastic or metal

Second a Land - Wasser - Schlepper used as a transport vehicle to bring troops to the shore

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: Looking for german navy miniatures for a secret base in the north
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 02:56:10 AM »
The Landwasserschlepper looks really good, the subs are cool but seem to suffer from lines syndrome.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984