Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:43:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685049
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Customs Form required for UK parcels to EU  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Customs Form required for UK parcels to EU
« on: March 22, 2019, 02:20:33 PM »
I was told by my local Post Office that it will be necessary to fill in a customs declaration on parcels to EU from next Monday, 25th March.

I wasn’t aware of this before so I pass it on in case it’s passed others by as well.

Doug

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Customs Form required for UK parcels to EU
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 02:21:38 PM »
Are they aware that Brexit has been delayed?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »
Ian, from Fighting15s, wrote about it in his facebook, a couple of days ago. I read about it there. Apparently, it is just in case, to prepare for a worst case scenario.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »
Today, my post office had removed all notifications that parcels sent to the EU on or after 25 March would need CN22 customs forms. I was shown the official note about the change, caused by the announcement of the new potential B-days of 12 April or 22 May. However, unless Parliament changes the law that the UK exits the EU on 29 March, then Royal Mail and the Post Office are being a bit presumptious.  :)
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:48:36 PM »
Today, my post office had removed all notifications that parcels sent to the EU on or after 25 March would need CN22 customs forms. I was shown the official note about the change, caused by the announcement of the new potential B-days of 12 April or 22 May. However, unless Parliament changes the law that the UK exits the EU on 29 March, then Royal Mail and the Post Office are being a bit presumptious.  :)

What a nightmarish mess! If, as customer, I am mightly confused, I can't start to imagine how you that have a business are feeling...  :o

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
I've literally just posted commissions to Germany and France today. No one mentioned it.( Used the post office inside a WH Smith's) I didn't see so much as a poster and was queuing for nearly half an hour.
Nice to be informed as useful the postal service around here is dire . I consider it a good day if the post arrives before I pick the youngest up from school. A totally awesome day if it arrives before 11.30am. Normal service if I've a red card .(at least twice a week.) Thats what you get for living a city of culture. lol

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 03:57:11 AM »
And so the May disaster begins ...
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »
And so the May disaster begins ...

May? Or May?😀

At the PO on Monday, it was confirmed that the requirement had been rescinded (but could be unrescinded😊).

Doug

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 05:57:38 AM »
So much talk about Brits stockpiling medicines, food, toilet paper even. But what of the plight of the mainland European whose access to miniatures will suddenly change, with additional customs, taxes and delays? Best to start stockpiling unpainted miniatures in the next few weeks.

Well, maybe "start" is not the right word...
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 07:54:39 AM »
So much talk about Brits stockpiling medicines, food, toilet paper even. But what of the plight of the mainland European whose access to miniatures will suddenly change, with additional customs, taxes and delays? Best to start stockpiling unpainted miniatures in the next few weeks.

My experience is that my EU customers started doing that last year, leading me to predict that it would be difficult to cope with demand as B-day and the prospect of a sudden, no-deal cliff-edge appproached.

Order levels from EU customers over the past three months have been insanely high compared with usual. It’s why Fighting 15s is temporarily closed to new orders because I wanted to be absolutely sure I could get such orders out before a sudden change to border taxes if there is no deal and therefore no transition period. The last ones went out only this week, two weeks after Fighting 15s closed to new orders. I’m now on holiday while the clown show at Westminster tries to come to a decision, and plan to be back in action on my return once I know the lie of the post-Apocalyptic wasteland. Fortunately, the panic buying so far has left me with enough funds to survive a temporary closure, so thank you everyone!

My personal view is that anyone who starts panic-buying their soldiers now has left it too late.  :)

I should add that Fighting 15s’ situation is unusual: dependent on imports for two key ranges, and being a VAT-registered one-man band.  So I will have an unusual viewpoint.  :)

Offline pogo

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »

Well, maybe "start" is not the right word...

no problem there, have enough stock to last me 10/15 years, just the time it will take you to vote to get back in the EU :)
Alex

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »

Actually in our group in Germany we started stockpilling miniatures after the "first meaningfull" vote. Most of us spend their budget for 2019 or more. Not because of the additional customs fee, but because most costums offices in Germany are in the suburbs and sometimes you have to get there to get your stuff personally. Costs a half a day in my city to go there.
A life without Samurai is possible, but not desirable!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
no problem there, have enough stock to last me 10/15 years, just the time it will take you to vote to get back in the EU :)
Alex
At the rate it's going, we'll still be voting on the leaving deal 10 to 15 years o_o

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »
But what of the plight of the mainland European whose access to miniatures will suddenly change, with additional customs, taxes and delays? Best to start stockpiling unpainted miniatures in the next few weeks.

As a mainland customer, I started piling in orders from the beginning of January, and they all have arrived by now, though unfortunately one order was missing a single pack of 6 figures that will still need to be sorted out. Also, I have not dared to count out how much the total bill worked out, but I should probably refrain from further purchases for the rest of the year.

TAG reported that this year they had their busiest January, so I probably was not their only customer from the mainland.

Offline JArgo

• Librarian
  • Hamburg, Germany
    • Der Inselaffe
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 06:51:53 PM »
As a regular UK-Germany traveler I can imagine a future of lucrative miniature smuggling! lol