Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bolt Action Fortress Budapest  (Read 875 times)

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
Bolt Action Fortress Budapest
« on: March 23, 2019, 09:12:13 AM »
I recently bought a copy of this book. It is an area of the war that I know very little about. I have to say that this is possibly the best Campaign Book I think that has been produced IMHO.
There is historical background with fantastic research. The art work and painted figures and models are second to none.There are all kinds of unusual units. The scenarios are all very different and I can’t wait to play them. Particularly the supply drop with gliders crashing and canisters being opened but you don’t know what is inside them. Because of the mix of Hungarian and German forces that played a part in this campaign you do not have to start a completely new army. You can use your regular Germans and just add a few Hungarian attachments. Great Escape Games and now Warlord have manufactured some figures and I can’t wait to start playing a few games. If you are looking for something a little different then this could be the project for you. Well done to Bryan Cook. This is an amazing book.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Re: Bolt Action Fortress Budapest
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »
It does look really fun.

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
Re: Bolt Action Fortress Budapest
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »
It was authored by Bryan Cook - the only other Hun player I know who knows more about the Honved than me. One of the members of my group (Chicago Bolt Action) was able to get his IS-2 photographed for it as well. I haven't received my copy yet but I'm sure it's very well done. It'll be nice to finally be able to play my favorite Budapest unit - the University Assault Battalion.