Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Starport Scum] Star Wars Co-Op Skirmish  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
[Starport Scum] Star Wars Co-Op Skirmish
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:16:59 PM »
Tonight we played Starport Scum, which is really just a loose framework for fully co-op miniatures adventuring. The setting for our “test drive” game was Star Wars using some (sadly unpainted) Legion miniatures.

My buddy Scott played a grizzled defector from the mudtrooper corps, the hero’s sarcastic Duros manservant, and a “Heavy” armed with a, uh, gatling blaster? I played a Rebel operative and her droid buddies. The droids were of course non-combatants. Our mission was to cover the escape of a Rebel intelligence agent since our cell had been busted by the Imperial Security Bureau and a white-armored attitude adjustment delegation was already en route. The catch being, we only had a one-man shuttle for the VIP to make his escape and he ... well, he couldn’t fly it. Fortunately, the autopilot could get him there; there being an Alliance hideout a few parsecs out. But the navicomp would need time to crunch the hyperspace jump and the Stormies showed up with 20 minutes to spare. Plus a sandstorm kicked up out of nowhere!

Situated around the temporary base were three signal boosters used for intercepting Imperial communiques. My operative figured out that the boosters could be patched into the shuttle navicomp to either hasten or slow the jump calculations. This was vital because the shuttle autopilot was programmed to take off as soon as the coordinates were resolved — whether or not our VIP was aboard. With little combat experience and a lot of blaster bolts flying everywhere, the agent, my slicer operative, and her buddy R5, were going to need to time things just right. Needless to say, we had a bad feeling about this.

When Storm Troopers are not politely standing back and allowing the heroes to win, it turns out they’re pretty damn effective. I wish we had fought the good-natured oafs featured in Rogue One. The slicer and her R5 unit managed to buy the VIP enough time even as the Imperial reinforcements rolled in but the weight of ACCURATE fire (so that’s what Obi-Wan was talking about) knocked out the agent just as he was poised to, probably suicidally, bolt for the shuttle. We just didn’t have the firepower to make a path for him, even if my comically lackadaisacal medical droid had managed to revive him before he was apprehended. The nefarious storm trooper NCO who led the attack could only hve had three contemptuous words for us: “You Rebel scum.”

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [Starport Scum] Star Wars Co-Op Skirmish
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »
Nice AAR!

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Re: [Starport Scum] Star Wars Co-Op Skirmish
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 04:05:39 AM »
Thanks very much!