Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686641
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: wee friends spare weapons  (Read 1510 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
wee friends spare weapons
« on: March 24, 2019, 10:29:40 PM »
Hello
As title said i'm after some bags of weapons from Wee Friends..in the past i succesfully bought from them..now after various try..also to receive their new list with prices and confirmation of availability..i received no answers..i find something on their Ebay shop..i bought something (paying of course an inflated postage fee) just to have a life sign..but again ..they received my payment but non answers to my mails....i know they have a FB..but i do not use FB.....any body have news about them?...are they still in production?
thanks

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
Re: wee friends spare weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 03:59:51 PM »
I bought some weapons via eBay at the begining of March, they arrived ok but no despatch info was provided nor did they leave any feedback. Their website has gone and just looked at their Facebook page and it hasn't had any new posts since December 2017...

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
Thanks for the info ...had same experience ..no complete range on eBay ..need some packets of spare GPMGs only and same of M60mgs...they have or had the right stuff ..sufficiently good priced and sized to convert quite a few and strongly needed Falklands British,Argentinians, Rhodesians and Vietnam US mgunners out of plastic minis ..but did nt receive either minimal customer care from them

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:06:18 PM »
Funnily enough it was a pack of GPMGs that I bought. I also used them for my Rhodesian vehicles. They really were the only option for a good looking conversion piece:

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 08:06:30 PM »
So you bought the very last and only pack of GPMGs that was put on sell by the above mentioned firm😢😉?!
If from long time that I admire the picts about Rhodesia war that you posted ...in fact portable MGs are really needed cause 20mm miniatures in both plastic and metal packs have normally a scarse allowance of LMGs..at this moment I m working (plastic) on British SBS for the Falklands and to Selous Scouts and/or SA Recces..in any case out of 2 in 4 figures , for selected wargame scenarios,should preferably be armed with that heavy weapons...let’s hope into a wee friend range resurrection

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
Have a look at Sgt Mess; the pack JW1 has a mix of SLR, GPMG, SMG and patrol mortar.

http://www.sgtsmess.co.uk/jw1-british-small-arms.html

Personally I prefer the wee friends GPMG, better cast with less flash and looked the part scale wise.

I'd love a weapons pack from Under Fire miniatures, they are the best both in detail and quality. However I think there is a degree of reluctance to release individual weapons as they would no doubt be copied.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 01:35:50 PM »
I've only bought from these companies at shows, so can't comment on finding them online. However, the one Ash mentioned had tonnes of stock last year.

Spectre Miniatures may be an option of you're looking for heavier weapons. They do M60 and a DShK which are good quality. Though nowadays many companies refuse to sell loose weapons due to piracy (Hasslefree for instance removed their separate weapon range because of this).

https://www.spectreminiatures.com/collections/weapons

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »
I just had a look at Elhiem; having bought a load of their .30 & .50 cal Brownings + other support weapons before, and they have always been excellent.

I don't know if it's new or I just haven't noticed before, but there is a section of 'small arms' which has GPMG, M240b along with just about every personal weapon of the last few decades. There are no pictures of all, but from the ones that have and from previous purchases I'd say that's probably the place to go.

https://www.elhiem.co.uk/ourshop/cat_1514290-Small-Arms.html

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 05:14:53 PM »
Hi
Nice weapons those Spectre Miniatures but they seem to be in 28mm not in 1:72/20mm
Thanks for pointing out those Elhiem weapons ..probably i ll buy some but at 0,55 for just one piece there is no sense..it s more logical to buy 20mm soldiers equipped with that weapon..maybe some impossible to find weapons..but if you need many LMGs or for example LAWs or RPGs there no interest in buying packets of mixed weapons or single over detailed weapons at a cost of a figure..
Duplicate weapons? Maybe in the same industry among designer.s...the first time years ago that I ordered from Wee Friends they were very kind but they probably thought I need them for duplicate..they asked me , in a very polite way, if I was a sculptor  and if I was available for commissions ..in fact I head my own firm Italwars with 20mm ranges but I had already pested my sculptor who happened to be not  a military modeler but a fine Italian jewel designer to have him sculpt and mould separate Austrian Mannichler rifles for Dubats and short TS Moschetti for ex...but being a true eclectic individualist artist he preferred to design each time a full figure and weapon without caring of duplicate the weapons that he had designed before and mot even he used dolls or conversions on the figures he had already sculpted for me 😥...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:22:14 PM by italwars »

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »
Ok fair enough, but as an alternative to buying a pack of 5 GPMGs from Wee Friends @ £2.50+ another £2 for the postage; buying 5 from Elhiem will cost you £2.75 + £1.60 p&p a saving of 15p... hurray..!

Anyway, just an option...

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
Why? Postage from elhiem could cost less? Well I m not Scottish neither from Genoa😏😏🙂 ..but this option could be interesting if confirmed