Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689788
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Relief of Fort Ookinall - A TMWWBK solo campaign  (Read 3060 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Relief of Fort Ookinall - A TMWWBK solo campaign
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 03:17:55 AM »
Keep up the fun! 

On that Sheffield Steel, maybe not so fine after all.  I've been reading an account of the Sudan, the desert column in particular, and it seems the British bayonets bent to hell and gone much too easily - though fortunately generally after being 'stuck in' to an enemy.  Rather changes the image of a British advance of cold steel being so overwhelming.

Back on bases for a moment, you've got some 'dribbles' already in the empty sabots, maybe a little more paint to match and they won't stick out so bad; just a thought.

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
After posting that I remembered a quote from (I think) a Waterloo book where the phrase "give them Brummagem" was used. Bayonets being (often) made in Birmingham (Brummagem) apparently, so maybe it should read Birmingham steel (regardless of quality!).

Hoping to spend some time on the sabots this weekend just to make it all look a little better.
They're certainly less jarring against the new cloth!

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »
Great looking Minis, excellent paint jobs. A very entertaining read as well. I plan to run a NWF game soon, I just need to finish the darned Elephant Limbers!!!