Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689619
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [SW Legion] Begun, the Clone Wars have!  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
[SW Legion] Begun, the Clone Wars have!
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:06 AM »
Surprised no one has started a thread on this exciting news out of Adepticon.

The long-anticipated announcement of Clone Wars era models for FFG’s Star Wars Legion miniatures game has finally arrived!

Links:

Main Announcement

First Expansion

IMO Legion is a solid game but I personally prefer skirmish over battles scale for the Galactic Civil War. In any case, FFG’s beautiful 32mm figures have been a joy to collect for playing my own games with them.

For the Clone Wars, however, I am completely on board for a battles game!

Check out that box art too! B2 super battle droids, Trade Federation AATs, OG-9 Homing Spiders, and LAAT/i gunships — all in our future?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:29:47 AM by Manchu »

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Re: [SW Legion] Begun, the Clone Wars have!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »
take this with a grain of salt, but I've also heard minis will be on a sprue and possibly in hard plastic, and they might even go back and change the current line to hard plastic.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 08:17:57 AM »
They previewed an image of a droideka on sprue. I haven’t seen hard evidence of the hard plastic news.

FFG have been experimenting with multipose options with a few recent character releases. Of note for the CW core box, General Grievous has three (!) possible poses: 1. cape + double sabers, 2. cape + saber + blaster, and 3. no cape/quadruple sabers.

The sprue/hard plastic rumor might be FFG trying to incorporate more multipose possibilities across their line.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:20:39 AM by Manchu »

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
I jumped on board with Legion.

I love the figures.  Cannot wait to get the Clone Wars Version too  :-*
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »
I have most of the Imperial Assault figures, so skipped Legion because of the size difference. Where IA size is dodgy with a lot of my SF stuff, Legion was just unusable (vehicles and scenery are fine, but not the figures)

However, Clone Wars will probably get me, not least because I'm working my way through the cartoons again just now ;D I figure if I view this as a separate project and scale then I should be okay.

I tested the couple of Legion figures I have against some scenery yesterday, and it's just about doable - although it does look a bit like Gandalf in Hobbiton.

I have a couple of Revell Walkers and Separatist tanks in the loft, along with a Drop Ship. I think the tanks should just about be okay, but the drop ship will be pushing it (I think it's closer to 1:72 if I remember correctly)

$99.95 for the base game is not cheap, although you do get a lot of figures. I'm not sure how much that will be in the UK, but hopefully they're not pricing themselves out of the market.

Fingers crossed for hard plastic. I really hate cleaning the restic Imperial Assault figures  :(

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 10:23:09 PM »
take this with a grain of salt, but I've also heard minis will be on a sprue and possibly in hard plastic, and they might even go back and change the current line to hard plastic.
That would be great as the current stuff looks horrid.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »
YMMV

I love (most of) the GCW Legion figs. They have the classic “chunky” look of heroic scale with a lovely amount of detail and personality.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 02:31:24 AM »
The Clone War figures look good.
I really like the Legion figures.
Will be adding these to my collection.
Semper Fi, Mac