Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686595
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Necron Cryptek  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
New Necron Cryptek
« on: March 31, 2019, 10:28:13 PM »
My mission to recreate the old Battle at Sanctuary 101 from 1997’s White Dwarf continues apace and this week I have finished another Cryptek to Command my Necron aggressors in this scenario.

Due to limitations of the range I have had to use be same Necron Cryptek model I have painted previously but I have given him a different ‘hand’ option to distinguish between the two characters.

I’m really pleased with how the turquoise armour and green powered blades have come out on this model. I took a lot of blending but it was worth it.

Next up I’ll do a Character for the Battle Sisters I think... stay tuned!!

There’s loads more hobby stuff on my blog @:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.com/2019/03/blog-post_31.html?m=1
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Necron Cryptek
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:33:23 PM »
Lovely paint job, great color choices.  There's another Cryptek sculpt in one of the big box starters, not sure if it sells for retail separately.  Sure shows up on the secondary market.  OTOH, it's also standing/riding on a giant scarab and I'm not sure if you can dismount him, so maybe no help.

Wonder if he feels jealous of the Sylvaneth Everqueen character.  Her giant beetle mount is MUCH bigger.  :)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:38:37 PM »
Cheers mate!!

Yeah I have him (he’s from Forgebane), he’s undercoated and waiting for painting! He probably is... he’s beetle is tiny by comparison!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 06:19:29 PM »
Nice job there. :) For some reason these most recently released Necron characters are the first ones which resonate with me on some level. The original Necron lord's cool too.

Now that's a cool project you got going on there. Is that the game in which they used the excavation machines and used these huge pyramids with the circuit board inlays?

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:38 PM »
Nice job there. :) For some reason these most recently released Necron characters are the first ones which resonate with me on some level. The original Necron lord's cool too.

Now that's a cool project you got going on there. Is that the game in which they used the excavation machines and used these huge pyramids with the circuit board inlays?

I really like all the old original (1997) models, and I have a few I might paint up at some point. The original battle  was quite a small game, with a few squads figuring on a (classic) green Battle Mat with some new cars scenery that had been released in the magazine.