Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689613
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Metro 2033, Dark Ones and Librarians  (Read 2097 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Metro 2033, Dark Ones and Librarians
« on: April 01, 2019, 02:42:13 AM »
All,
      I've been looking at images of the video game, trying to get a sense of what these creatures should look like.  I am beginning to think that basically, the two look the same, except for the coloring, grey for the Librarians, and Black/Dark Grey for the Dark Ones.  Am I wrong?

Offline Pench

• Student
Re: Metro 2033, Dark Ones and Librarians
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:48:04 AM »
Well, from my memories, librarians are hook-handed and have a vaulted back, a bit like D&D monsters of old, while black/dark ones are towering creatures. Yet both are anthropomorphic, and supposedly some twisted evolution of humans, so they must bear significant features.
Formely known as "Penchour"

Offline mithril

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 05:29:19 AM »
in the videogames game they look like this:

https://metrovideogame.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Ones

tall, skinny. if not for the color and smallish eyes they'd almost be extra tall roswell grey's.

Librarians on the otherhand
https://metrovideogame.fandom.com/wiki/Librarian

while roughly as tall (when they stand upright, a good 7-8ft) they are bulkier, more gorilla like in proportion.

of course the book treats them differently.. the dark ones are similar to the game's depictions, though we don't really get a good look at them. the Librarians on the otherhand are smaller, with a more gorilla like look (including the implied existence of fur), and unlike the game where they just kinda charge around, the book ones are extremely smart and cunning, able to mimic voices, lay complex traps, and so on.

I'd highly suggest getting a copy of the Metro2033 novel, and not rely entirely on the games.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 01:50:08 AM »
I've read 2033 and 34, and now halfway through 35.  The description of the Librarians in the book is what made me think of the Reaper Yeti.