Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Le Cateau at Hot Lead  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
28mm Le Cateau at Hot Lead
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:44:09 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some pictures I took of the Le Cateau game I played at Hot Lead this year. The game was run by Ian and all the figures and terrain come from his collection, its a lovely set up!!

It was a fun game but the Germans seemed to steamroll the British unfortunately. The German objective was to capture the British artillery position while the British Artillery was preoccupied with firing into the distance. Koodos on Liam who was able to spring an early ambush on my advancing German troops and quickly wiped out two platoons worth of germans before the british platoon and HMG platoon fell to the horde of germans. Our German 1st wave was bloodied but was able to advance all the way to the objective. All in all, it was an amazing game! The armies and terrain looked amazing and the guys were fun to play with! I do wish the British had another Platoon or two, it would have caused us some more trouble but it was fun none the less!

A big thanks goes out to Liam who was the British player on my side of the table and to Ian for running the game! Cheers guys!

I wasn't able to get the pictures resized so instead I will post a link to the Google Photos album.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPFj4Oxj57NTWJwlBC5swz8A_RiSONY4Y5HExmj

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: 28mm Le Cateau at Hot Lead
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 06:40:09 AM »
Sounds a good game.

Unfortunately the link dosen’t work.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:31:06 AM »
I played the 9:30am timeslot.
Rules were super easy being a trimmed down version of Contemptible Little Armies. First time every I didn't have to ask what I needed to roll except on first turn.
I agree that perhaps the British needed a few more troops. It was a meatgrinder.
I controlled 6 squads (50-60 figures) and two MG and at then end had about 14 figures and the 2 MGs left. The other German players were allowed a reinforcement wave after a while.
Great scenery and figures by Ian. Have added him to my mental list of Game Masters I look out for.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »
Link doesnt work.
No chance to show us the pics in this thread?
, ,

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 08:18:54 PM »
Link doesnt work.
No chance to show us the pics in this thread?

Sorry about that, Ill play with it later tonight. I'm just at work right now.

I'll look into getting the images all resized and post them that way. The issue with Google Photos is there is no way to resize the imagines online and currently they are far too big for posting.

I played the 9:30am timeslot.
Rules were super easy being a trimmed down version of Contemptible Little Armies. First time every I didn't have to ask what I needed to roll except on first turn.
I agree that perhaps the British needed a few more troops. It was a meatgrinder.
I controlled 6 squads (50-60 figures) and two MG and at then end had about 14 figures and the 2 MGs left. The other German players were allowed a reinforcement wave after a while.
Great scenery and figures by Ian. Have added him to my mental list of Game Masters I look out for.

Ah very cool! I played in the 2pm time slot and it was a blast! It seems like you guys suffered greater casualties then we did. I controlled 3 squads (platoons, what ever the scale is lol) and a HMG. I took the brunt of the fire on our flank and lost 2/3 squads but the other German player on my flank only suffered a few casualties. My mistake for walking into the British ambush nose first... The other German flank was a bit tougher, we lost apx 4/9 squads but we were able to capture the objectives with elements of the first wave.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »
Sorry about that, Ill play with it later tonight. I'm just at work right now.

I'll look into getting the images all resized and post them that way. The issue with Google
Good! Me too I m really interested in Le Cateau scenario of which I visited the battlefield,already painted the minis (Airfix 1:72) collect sources and thought to plan a scenario..
But..by any chance you too are Italian like me cause you use and enjoy the Forum “at work “instead of working?.😉😉😉😇.I confess today in my office my main and mostly dedicated work had been to look at the Colyseum from the window , enjoy a pair of coffees and download uniform plates from hobby sites😎

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »
I took some pictures.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
That looks nice. Thank you !

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
Sorry about the delay, real life has gotten in the way the past few days! I've finally uploaded my pictures to my Lead Adventure Gallery. You can check them out (Hopefully...) here- https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1289;u=8082

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »
I like the machine gun team on the oval/round base very much!
Thanks for the pics.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 11:13:58 PM »
I'd like to see a copy of your "slimmed down" Contemptible Little Armies rules as I often use them and would like a way to use the at events for demo games.