Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Verd's fantasy stuff: Update 16 June - Dungeon items  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Verd's fantasy stuff: Update 16 June - Dungeon items
« on: April 02, 2019, 11:45:59 PM »
I've been busy painting some minis for our dungeon delving games (D&D etc). Mostly Bones stuff and a couple of Reaper and Otherworld metals. More stuff coming in the near future, I hope.

Two dungeon delvers, these are Reaper metals. I got the warlock painted in Bones plastic too, never know when you need multiples of the mini, what with the spells and such.

Couple of jellies and gelatinous cube. I just glued them with a hot glue gun, works pretty well. The inside of the cube is painted with some ichy casualties, but the walls are so thick that not much shows trough.

Otherworld bugbears. I really like these. Otherworld stuff is great, if pricy.

Bones ogre, nuff said.

A pair of Reaper metal bugbears. Dont really match the Otherworld stuff well, but you can never have too many bugbears?

Invisible Bones heroes, could be handy with invisibility spells/rings and whatnot. Pity there's no dwarf.

Bunch of Bones goblins. Cheap and cheery (for goblins).

Bones hero types, with the duplicate warlock

Giant rats, the bases are 50mm, to give an idea of size.

This reminds me I really need to sort out my photos, these are bit of crap pics... I might take a few better ones, time allowing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:12:11 PM by Verderer »

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Verd's fantasy stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 09:47:05 AM »
I fiddled with the white settings and lights a bit, and took some more pics, these are a bit better, aren't they?

Still need to work with the lighting, so  it doesn't 'burn' the higlights?

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 06:16:13 PM »
Yep photos are better, really nice stuff going on there, well done :).

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 08:29:27 AM »
Great stuff!!

Who makes the rats?

Milo.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:34:58 AM »
yes, the second photos are much better. Nice work!

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 01:01:52 PM »
thanks guys; @emosbur the rats are Reaper metal ones

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
Thanks Verd.

Milo.

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 02:42:03 PM »
Great stuff, very nice painting!

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 12:32:17 AM »
Getting more of these Reaper Bones minis from their kickstarter III painted, here are the most recent ones:

The kobols are from two different Reaper KS, and I painted them in different colours.

I used some two part resin to fill the jar for the 'brain in the jar' - so it looks a bit weird (more than usual that is).

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:34:42 AM by Verderer »

Offline Dilettante Gamer

• Scientist
    • The Dilettante Gamer
Re: Verd's fantasy stuff: update 22.4.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 01:44:50 AM »
What a fun collection! Nice paint all around!
With goodwill to all and malice towards none...

http://dilettantegamer.blogspot.com/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Verd's fantasy stuff: update 22.4.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 10:07:05 AM »
A great thread and some lovely paint jobs

:)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Verd's fantasy stuff: Update 16 June - dungeon items
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 01:11:44 PM »
I shifted my focus on some dungeon furnishings for a change:

First, bunch of doors and portcullises From Zealot. Both narrow and wide variety & open and closed versions. I got 10x narrow door open&close, and 4x of other types each. I figure these will be enough for most purposes.Individual samples of each type below:

Next, 12 pieces of Hirst Arts castings, don't recall the mold number exactly. I could probably use some more of these. Painted them with salt technique. I might add some shading and highlights but I tried it out on some pieces, and wasn't happy with the result, so I'll leave these as they are for now at least.

Next some Zealot traps and torture chamber items. I converted the gibbets quite a bit by making them quite a bit taller. The standard version leaves those victims feet almost touching the gorund, so I modded the masts by an inch almost.

Table and two chairs, Zealot again, nothing special about these. tried stamping a pattern on the cloth using some rubber stamps, but that didn't really turn out so well.

Two Zealot staircases, these were quite a bit smaller than I expected, but at least they dont take that much space.

Dwarven pillars, purchased these from Zealot, but these are manufactured by someone else.

A bookcase and a fireplace, again by Zealot. The bookcase looks odd to me, it seems to be lacking someting at the bottom? I'd considered adding some cabinets there, but was too lazy.... Zealot actuall has a narrowed model of a bookcase which does have better bottom section like that. Curious.

Two blasphemous (?) idols, the first one is of course good old Big C, I got a bag of these plastic Chtulhues in various sizes, probably for some boardgame or something? The whitish statue is metal, made a base for it from Hirst arts bits. Might be Mirliton mini, not sure where I got it.

A portal and a well of blood, these are Zealot ones as well. I didn't do anything about the transparent inserts, except dip them in Future.

Some Zealot braziers, I added the bases since they look too low (in the case of the bowls, so I added some HA bits from the wall set above), or two flimsy (I broke a couple of legs).

A pillar bed, and a throne by Zealot.

Zealot suits of armour. These came without the plinths, so I made some from slottabases and plastic card. The shields decorated with LBMS transfers.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:14:09 PM by Verderer »

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: Verd's fantasy stuff: Update 16 June - Dungeon items
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 02:14:28 PM »
Wonderful colours and transitions on that stonework. Superb painting.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »
I love threads of dungeon encounter groups and environments and this is an excellent one! I look forward to more. Nice painting and the latest photos look great. I have these yetis and the behir in my own dungeon queue and it's great to see nicely painted ones out in the world.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 07:14:09 PM »
Ugh, this is all soooo good.  I'm jealous of your dungeon scenery.  Love the Bugbears from Otherworld (I wish I could afford some!) and I like your goblins, moreso than the Reaper ones I just did!

I love everything about this project, and the paintwork is top shelf.  Really looking forward to seeing this set up with a dungeon - 2D tiles?  What are you using for the actual dungeon?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!