Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690459
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Proper Doctor Who...  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Proper Doctor Who...
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »
Does any one make a model of William Hartnell's first Doctor? I'm kind of looking for anything from 28mm up o say 40mm for my Galactic Heroes collection.

???
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Proper Doctor Who...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »
Black Tree used to do one (part of the old Harlequin range - 28mmish, slotta base), but I have no idea about current availability. Might catch one on eBay, perhaps.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »
Black Tree Design still going and still got a large DW range for sale, got all the companions and you used to be able to look at replaying the Web Planet in miniature in its entirety if you wished.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
I wasn't sure they still sold them. Don't think they have the licence any more, so that would mean they wouldn't be able to make new ones. Not sure what the law would be about selling ones they already had.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »
Warlord Games have a set in there range with the 1st, 4th and 10th Doctors.

https://doctorwhotimevortex.com/collections/all-doctor-who-products/products/first-fourth-and-tenth-doctors

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 08:21:14 PM »
Minifigs have a figure that might look like the Cushing version:
http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/images/catalogue/RSF%2008.jpg
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 08:51:36 PM »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »
I wasn't sure they still sold them. Don't think they have the licence any more, so that would mean they wouldn't be able to make new ones. Not sure what the law would be about selling ones they already had.
The story I heard was that in the run up to Nu-Who, an exclusive licence was given to Character Options and all exisiting licences were curtailed (including the rather nice range of 54mmmodels by Media Collectibles). It was said that BTD were allowed to sell off their existing stock but not manufacture any more. Fifteen years on they might be running out of stock....
There must be some wriggle room there, as anyone else who had anything vaguely Who-ish stopped selling them when Warlord received the wargame figures licence.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 09:28:28 PM »
The story I heard was that in the run up to Nu-Who, an exclusive licence was given to Character Options and all exisiting licences were curtailed (including the rather nice range of 54mmmodels by Media Collectibles). It was said that BTD were allowed to sell off their existing stock but not manufacture any more. Fifteen years on they might be running out of stock....
There must be some wriggle room there, as anyone else who had anything vaguely Who-ish stopped selling them when Warlord received the wargame figures licence.

I'm baffled as to why Warlord or the Beeb haven't stopped Black Tree. They've been flogging off "remaining stock" for longer then they had the actual licence for.

Most of the UK "not Who" went because the manufacturers thought it unfair given that Warlord had actually paid for a licence to keep on going and to avoid any eventual unpleasantness. Shame because the new Warlord stuff is stupidly out of scale with 28mm and worse than the Heresy/Crooked Dice minis.