Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I've sorted out my collection.  (Read 4673 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: I've sorted out my collection.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 06:11:01 AM »
Actually that is very near to gospel truth. Many of us forum members are of an age to remember (and most certainly participating) the beginnings of the Nottingham empire. To me this is a special generation of gamers, not really the first, but different to those before and therefore the first of a new type. Many of this generation influenced the entire business and still do.

Without going too much off topic, I really like this thought. When I visited the Nottingham shrine on a recent Hadj on my birthday, and I’m speaking about the GW museum, where I even met Jervis Johnson in person, it struck me, how the humble beginnings, still presented in a couple of showcases , formed an industry.

A couple of guys interested in 2000 AD, Tolkien, Moorcock, Dune, von Däniken, German late Middle Ages, Rome, Arthur and archaeology created a hodgepodge world to sell models of small tin soldiers, and now we have a whole range of companies copying more or less blatantly that specific hodgepodge. Sometimes I feel the not-historical hobby is 90% or more GW and its copyists.

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
Sometimes I feel the not-historical hobby is 90% or more GW and its copyists.
That is absolutely what they want to you to think.

The shed is amazing.  I've been trying to do a similar organization myself for some time, but's not proceeding with any haste, I'm afraid.
The minor bits I have done do show benefits though, faster to table for gaming and such, so I will soldier on. And now, I feel inspired.
- Scott

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
It is good to have a willing assistant to help organize as well as keep you on track.  I always wander off on a tangent when organizing. 

Nice video of your cabin as well.

This  lol
Actually my wife claims I‘m not able to organize at all... I just put stuff from A to B and then loose interest.
She might have a point though  ;)

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2019, 08:52:42 AM »
Wonderful. I keep looking at the back of my garden (post divorce new house) with similar thoughts.........