Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

Snotling Lancers (Deano)
93 (49.7%)
Under the Moons of Mars (Heldrak)
94 (50.3%)

Total Members Voted: 184

Author Topic: ROUND 8 Snotling Lancers vs Under the Moons of Mars  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
ROUND 8 Snotling Lancers vs Under the Moons of Mars
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: ROUND 8 Snotling Lancers vs Under the Moons of Mars
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
Gonna be close...I have seen both of these entries before and voted for them both before...now they are pitted head-to-head!! Tough one to choose from...perhaps a "Both" button Monsieur Adjudicator??

Good luck to you both!!
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
A match of two previously-entered teams can't garner too much commentary, but I don't think I've commented on either of these entries before, so I'll give it a go.

Deano's snotlings are fun and tongue-in-cheek, which I always appreciate.  It goes without saying that they're very well painted.  With their uniformity of color, the addition of greys and reds into the base really helps them.  I voted for them last time, but had to stop and think about this match.  Their problem is that green riders on green beasts aren't too visually interesting, although I can appreciate that making them look this good sort of shows Deano's expertise.

The Martians: Well, I love all things John Carter, and have always thought these Bronze Age minis were underappreciated.  The paintjobs are great, with, I would imagine, very-difficult-to-paint red skin and exotic colors in the clothing. Although it's somewhat hard to tell, the metallics and jewels look good, as does the harness.  I have two quibbles.  First, the bases are too stark.  Yes, I know this is the red planet and everything, but if the red planet doesn't have vegetation, then the bases need something else; discarded weapons, armor, skulls, or even just bigger red rocks.  My other quibble, strangely enough, is with the background; too much open space, of course, but also the color choice.  Blue is not a complimentary color with red.  I would have suggested either a yellowish or green background.  And if both of those sound horrible, then a white background.  Better yet, it would have been cool had you printed a picture of the Earth from space, and made that the background. 

Despite these criticisms, the Martians got my vote.

Offline pbeccas

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:17 AM »
I voted for the boobs.
There will be no Dunkirk here. If we have to get out we will fight our way out. There will be no surrender and no retreat"
Australian General Les Morshead. Hero of Tobruk.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:43:26 AM »
Wow! 88 vs 88. This is getting an interesting ending :)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”