Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Fantasy skirmish rules - a useful list

(1/18) > >>

Blazmo:
I've noticed that despite popular demand there are a lot of fantasy skirmish games out there flying under people's radars so I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread cataloguing all the different fantasy skirmish rulesets out there, like the thread in the Gothic Horror subforum. At the moment I'm just going to list names with a short description but I may expand on them in future. Please, if you know of any other fantasy skirmish rulesets feel free to post them here.

Thud & Blunder: D10 based system based off the ruleset from In Her Majesty's Name. Most recent skirmish ruleset to be released in this list. Mordheimish feel.
Goalsystem Delves: By the creator of Chaos in Carpathia and uses the same system, only adapted to a strictly fantasy setting.
Bladestorm: Probably the oldest game on this list as it was released in the 1980s. It recently received a 2nd Edition in 2016 which adds a lot of content while still mostly being backwards-compatible with older stuff.
Broadsword Adventures: Another D10 based system. It doesn't have any explicit rules for fantasy races but it's fairly easy to come up with your own.
Wyrdwars: Modern Mordheim-alike.
Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes: Needs no introduction. If you're here you've probably heard of this.
Rangers of Shadow Deep: Another well-known system. Solo/co-op only game by the makers of Frostgrave.
Frostgrave: Not too familiar with this one despite its popularity.
Blood on the Blade: Self-proclaimed microgame that recently got a 2nd Edition. Solo/co-op only.
On Samhain's Eve: Expansion to Chevauchee by Nordic Weasel Games that's based on the author's own FiveCore system.
Sellswords & Spellslingers: Solo/co-op only game by the creators of ASOBAH using a fairly different original system.
Rack & Ruin: A fairly obscure title and not one I'm too familiar with, mostly interested because it boasts a decent amount of content, if its description is anything to go by. Anyone know anything more about it?
Otherworld: Old-school feel. I have heard people say that it lacks flexibility compared to something like ASOBAH for example.

Ragsta:
This is a good idea, already useful to me as I ponder solo fantasy sets.

Swordpoint by 2 Hour Wargames is free and solo/ player compatible. I haven’t tried it myself but option is certainly there.

D. Brownie:
Mordheim, KOW Vanguard and StrongSword are others... ;)
I like very much RelicBlade by Sean Sutter, quite simple but fast and funny game probuced totally by him (painter, sculptor and writer like a Renaissance man), that Is very Little known... ???
And then brink of Battle with Epic Heroes expansion.
Davide

CommanderBaker:
Warlords of Erehwon: Created by Rick Priestly, Based on Bolt Action (WW2) and Antares (SciFi). D10 system, warband sized armies. Activation is randomized like the aforementioned games. Factions include: Human Knightly Order, Orcs, Goblins, Beastmen, Undead, Olympians, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and more. sold by warlord games.

Daeothar:
Ninja'd on both Mordheim and WoE, but I'll add Confrontation by Rackham Miniatures (now defunct) as yet another nice skirmisher.

Also; Dragon Rampant...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version