Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Legion of the Lord of Red Devastation ... painted!  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Legion of the Lord of Red Devastation ... painted!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
Not sure how useful a Lightning Bringer would be in Avanthar. For one, I wouldn't be surprised if the palace had defenses from the same era (i.e. "Shields" or some such) and anyway, that might be useful for sweeping the ramparts and courtyards, but IIRC they fought their way up, floor by floor. Mind you, their Kerdu at the time, Karin Missum ("Red Death"), was a complete nutter so with him giving the orders they might be expected to perform well.  :D

Avanthar, not so much, I'm inclined to agree about the probability of ancient tech defenses carefully hidden away all these years.  But going cross-setting for an appearance at Winterfell?  I'm thinking a laser cannon could have been handy for anything that lived through the aforementioned Vimuhlan battle magic onslaught and the mass of sword-wielding fanatics advancing over the charred corpses.

"Nutter" may be an understatement when describing Karin Missum.  He and Aerys Targaryen would probably have found a lot of shared interests if they ever met.  Ignition temperatures, optimal kindling choices, that sort of thing.  :)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: The Legion of the Lord of Red Devastation ... painted!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 03:50:54 PM »

"Nutter" may be an understatement when describing Karin Missum.  He and Aerys Targaryen would probably have found a lot of shared interests if they ever met.  Ignition temperatures, optimal kindling choices, that sort of thing.  :)

lol