Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:57:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadowdeep point of interest/skill roll question  (Read 868 times)

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
Rangers of Shadowdeep point of interest/skill roll question
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:39 AM »
Putting the final touches on all of the stuff necessary for playing Burning Light. I'm hoping to start in on it with my boys this week. Trying to make sure I understand everything so we're making less mistakes with the rules than in some of the other missions.

When a model comes in contact with a point of interest they may have to make a skill roll. Sometimes there is only one such roll allowed for that scenario. If the hero has a poor chance of making that roll can they choose not to? Then a better suited hero could come and make the attempt. Or is it only the first one there that must make a the roll?

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
Re: Rangers of Shadowdeep point of interest/skill roll question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »
This was asked in the 'Rangers of Shadow Deep' group on Facebook (I do recommend joining if you us Facebook, as Joe is often there answering questions - https://www.facebook.com/groups/199819667485240/), and Joe replied there:

Q. When flipping over clue markers, one can find that you need to make a skill check. It's unclear if that skill check takes another action (nothing seems to suggest that you need an action for it). Also, is there any way if you fail to let your expert in that (say like a tracker) come over on another turn and make a roll (seems reasonable that they could)
A. [Joe] You make the roll immediately, but that is the only shot you get (unless specifically noted otherwise, which does happen quite a bit in the later scenarios).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/199819667485240/permalink/395864851214053/
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
Re: Rangers of Shadowdeep point of interest/skill roll question
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 04:31:58 PM »
Thanks for that. We've got a group that's got all the skills covered but not by every hero. I guess it improves the odds that the right person will hit the right clue but still a good chance of not. I am on the facebook group but only browse it occasionally. I find it hard to actually find information on facebook in general so never thought of searching there for an answer.