Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:14:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Convert a standing figure to a seated figure assistance, please.  (Read 732 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
A question for those converting figures: How would you go about converting a standing metal figure to a seated metal figure (likely an unarmed figure but not absolutely so)?

Thanks for any assistance, por favor. 

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Re: Convert a standing figure to a seated figure assistance, please.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 08:29:48 PM »
I have sawn a few off at the waist then glued plastic legs onto torso , heated and bend them as needs be.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 09:07:29 PM »
Have done some conversion in plastic and the most easiest way is to cut at the waist and cut out a triangle at the back of the knees so you position the two leg parts in a 90 degrees angle so creating a sitting pose. Was quite succesful with the conversion of a LOTR plastic orc.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »
Got out the Dremel tool and 'mutilated' a figure to see what I could do.  Two problems - in 15 mm: heat becomes an issue and the bases are an issue.  So, I guess start by removing the base from a suitable figure.  Then cut it off a bit below the waist and then 'jury-rig' some legs somehow.  Or keep looking for made for sitting figures.  Maybe a bit of both.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »
Just remember that ready made (metal) sitting figures, usually crew or drivers for vehicles, often tend to have very stunted legs to make it possible to fit them into the vehicle.

I once converted a sitting crew figure (an officer in a kubelwagen) into a helicopter pilot. And because of the glass cockpit, I couldn't get away with the legs as they were. Not in the least because his feet did not reach the craft's pedals by a long shot.

So I ended up cutting off the feet and adding kneehigh jackboots from another miniature (standing) to give him a normal posture...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!