Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Citadel & Steve Barber Gangsters  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
Citadel & Steve Barber Gangsters
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:18:42 AM »
Following on from a recent post of mine, l have painted a few of the Citadel Gangsters that l have recently acquired. I also placed a small order with Caliver Books as they now sell the Steve Barber range through their Minifigs wing.

Both ranges work well together to my eye, SB are a little chubbier but not excessively,they are also taller but this is due to a thicker base than the very thin Citadel type and could be rectified with a file or by putting the Citadel figures on a thicker base.

Here is the result of two evenings work

I bought the Citadel figures out of nostalgia as l had a few of them in my youth, while some are still quite good l found others to be very flat, Clyde Barrow especially, and detail to be hit and miss. The Machine Gun Kelly figure has a very odd looking Tommy gun and the patrolman kneeling firing a carbine has what looks like a cross between a pump action and bolt action carbine!

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
Re: Citadel & Steve Barber Gangsters
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
Nice job - they look great!

Offline Jerm

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:04:36 PM »
Very nice paint jobs on some old classics - thanks for posting 'em - like seeing old friends.

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
You can mix them with larger size (Pulp Miniatures, Copplestone) if you avoid the figures with specific weapons (Tommy Guns, etc.). They may be shorter, but people come in all sizes. The smaller guns? .32s instead of .45s, 20 gauge instead of 12. The New York city Police department (and many others) carried .32 revolvers for years

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:21 AM »
You can mix them with larger size (Pulp Miniatures, Copplestone) if you avoid the figures with specific weapons (Tommy Guns, etc.). They may be shorter, but people come in all sizes. The smaller guns? .32s instead of .45s, 20 gauge instead of 12. The New York city Police department (and many others) carried .32 revolvers for years

I might get hold of some from Brigade's Mob Wars range as they look very nice and will not be too out of place size wise, l might even use different makes of figure for each gang faction to make ID easier.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
Very nice. Ral Partha did (do?) a nice range as well. Always looking to find information on the Citadel Gangster set with the cop motorcycle.....advertised in Military Modelling back in the day for a short time but appears have never been released.

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
Very nice. Ral Partha did (do?) a nice range as well. Always looking to find information on the Citadel Gangster set with the cop motorcycle.....advertised in Military Modelling back in the day for a short time but appears have never been released.

Apparently the motorcycle cop was never released, possibly due to moulding problems.
 l have only ever seen one of the three state trooper figures, standing with a revolver in hand. There are a couple on eBay at the moment but they are in with a group of figures l already have and the seller wants £34.99 which is a bit much for just two figures that l want.