Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:25:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Miniatures New British Royal Artillery Gatling Gun Crew Equipment  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Hello,

As a keen enthusiast for wargaming this period I purchased the new 28 mm Perry Miniatures British Royal Artillery Gatling Gun including the Gatling Gun limber teams. I noticed on the Gatling gun crew that they are wearing the water bottle on the left hip and the bread bag on the right hip. So, so for the crew mounted on the limber team minus the water bottle which is not included.

Was there a doctrine change or a SOP that in the field this was the norm?

The British Royal Artillery crew with 9lb Field Gun from Perry Miniatures has the bread bag on the left side and the water bottle on the right side.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you for looking.

Best regards,

Helen
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:22:09 AM by Helen »
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Hi Helen,

If you haven't already done it, can I suggest you put this question directly to the Perry's. They are usually pretty helpful when I have asked them questions and it sounds like they are the best placed to deal with you query?

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Thank you. I had initially sent the Perries the question. Then I broadcast the question including their Facebook page.

Michael kindly sent me an answer this morning.

Received an e-mail from Michael Perry explaining from his research that British artilleryman had their haversack and water bottle in reversed to the infantry.

My grateful thanks to Michael for this information.

Best regards,

Helen

Offline Mike1879

• Scientist
Nice one Helen I didn’t know that !! Will be buying these shortly myself they look excellent !!!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Nice one Helen I didn’t know that !! Will be buying these shortly myself they look excellent !!!

Thanks Mike1879.

Excellent purchase IMHO. Major Owen looks great with the Gatling gum crew.

Best regards,

Helen