Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Fighting 15s, Eureka Miniatures and AB Figures  (Read 822 times)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
[Commercial] Fighting 15s, Eureka Miniatures and AB Figures
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
Fighting 15s’s visit to Salute each year is also the time I get an opportunity to talk to Nic Robson of Eureka Miniatures and Tony Barton of AB Figures about the future. This year there was a bit of a shock in store, because I gave Nic five months’ notice that Fighting 15s will stop selling Eureka Miniatures and therefore, by association, AB Figures in the UK.

Fighting 15s will, therefore, cease to be Eureka’s agent from 4 September 2019. The plan is that Fighting 15s will continue to cast licensed figures and supply Eureka and AB Figures from stock for orders placed up to 3 September 2019. From 4 September, Fighting 15s will supply orders from existing stock only. During the notice period Fighting 15s will not back-order items.

My aim is quite simply to take semi-retirement. The unsociable hours that have resulted from the pre-Brexit rush for orders have simply prompted me to take the decision a year earlier than I intended. I want to concentrate on my own ranges, on revitalising the Gladiator Miniatures and Martian Empires lines acquired from Black Hat Miniatures, and on my much-neglected hobby and garden. The Flags for AB range will be rebranded Fighting 15s flags and continue to be available through Fighting 15s. And Fighting 15s’ shows representative Colonel Bill’s will add Gladiator Miniatures ranges to its offering at UK shows. I will no doubt be able to find time to modernise the website and take the required new pictures for Gladiator Miniatures.

In answer to the obvious question: I would have to stop being Eureka’s agent at some time in the future, and this is simply a good moment to do so. Nic, Tony and I remain good friends. I have hugely enjoyed representing their ranges over the past 15 years for Eureka and 13 years for AB.

Nic and Tony will be discussing what will happen about Eureka and AB in the UK, and what they intend will be revealed in due course. Please don’t unduly pester them for information: an announcement will happen when they have made a decision.

Ian
Fighting 15s
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Re: [Commercial] Fighting 15s, Eureka Miniatures and AB Figures
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »
NOOOOoooooooo!!!!!  :'(

I'm really sorry to hear that Ian, as you've always been one of the finest people in the business and I don't begrudge for one minute that you've taken every last spare penny that I earn...

You also remain the only person in the hobby that I am aware of, to have ever REDUCED your prices in line with the exchange rate!

Sod the pre-Brexit rush; you'll be getting a pre-retirement rush from me...  Just to clarify - will you be re-stocking and getting the remaining Brunswicker items in before handing the AB franchise over to someone else?

All the best for the future and thanks for all the crippling debt! ;)

Mark
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
Re: [Commercial] Fighting 15s, Eureka Miniatures and AB Figures
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:02 AM »
NOOOOoooooooo!!!!!  :'(

I'm really sorry to hear that Ian, as you've always been one of the finest people in the business and I don't begrudge for one minute that you've taken every last spare penny that I earn...

You also remain the only person in the hobby that I am aware of, to have ever REDUCED your prices in line with the exchange rate!

Sod the pre-Brexit rush; you'll be getting a pre-retirement rush from me...  Just to clarify - will you be re-stocking and getting the remaining Brunswicker items in before handing the AB franchise over to someone else?

All the best for the future and thanks for all the crippling debt! ;)

Mark

Many thanks. Once I got the hang of changing prices by spreadsheet it was easy to cope with fluctuations in the exchange rate. :-)

No, I will not be ordering in the other Brunswickers. I'd put in an order for the artillery crews and hussars because someone ordered hussars and I'd run out: Nic then told me there were new ones but I just ordered in the hussars to cover the order, and artillery crews because everyone has been after them. I had intended making a larger order for the new codes, but I was still at the time weighing up whether I wanted to continue.