Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:50:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689769
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Deathsworn  (Read 616 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Deathsworn
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:47:03 PM »
The Deathsworn are made up of the members of the Rout too broken in spirit from the horrors they have experienced to be able to enjoy anything but killing.  Only while slaughtering their enemies do they find reprieve from the terrible things they have seen and done.

Something like destroyer squads in other legions, the Deathsworn are different from their former comrades.  They can be equipped with rad grenades like other legions destroyers but they come with Stasis bombs.  These can be thrown and are particularly capable of destroying enemy infantry.

Even without this wargear the Deathsworn are a pretty fierce opponent.  Each is armed with a bolt pistol and power ax and come with 2 attacks base, so on the charge get 4 attacks.  They also come with artificer armour standard so they are maximally protected without the penalties of wearing bulky terminator armour.

They are a fun unit to paint as well.  The black armour is offset with all manner of little details, like leather straps with various talismans attached.  The bone details also provide a nice contrast to the black armour.

I will probably get a full unit of 10 of them eventually and probably even get a dedicated land raider to transport them in.  Having a jet black land raider in the middle of my grey Vlyka Fenryka force would look cool and the size of the land raider will allow me to decorate it with all kinds of viking looking markings.  Done in bone they would provide a nice contrast to the black as they did on the models.