Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote enters the Underhive -Necromunda  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: Koyote enters the Underhive -Necromunda
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:38 PM »
GW's boxed games have given them the opportunity to make some really fun character minis that otherwise wouldn't have made it to store shelves.  The Rogue Trader and Blackstone Fortress boxes are treasure troves of cool, quirky minis that I'd like to paint and play with.  Problem is, I'm not interested in playing the boxed games or returning to the 40K fold.  So how do I justify purchasing my favorite Blackstone and RT minis from eBay? 

Necromunda. 

Using the Venator rules, the minis will form the core of an Ordo Xenos “gang” comprised of an Inquisitor and his cadre of agents. The genius of the Venator rules is that each class of fighter (i.e. leaders, champion, and ganger) has four stat lines to choose from.  This lets you start the gang formation process by picking the models that you want to use, and then selecting the stat line you feel best represents each model.  For instance, I want to include one of the Blackstone Ratlings in my "gang", so for the  Ratling I’ll select that stat line with the improved BS and decreased WS.

The Ordor Xenos Inquisitor, Lucian Baptiste, was an important character in my 40K Mortifactors army.  I’ve decided that prior to leading an Astartes strike force against Dark Eldar incursions, a much younger Inquisitor Baptiste spent years assigned to the Hive World Necromunda, tasked with rooting out and eliminating the Genestealer cult-clans who dwell among the criminals, mutants, and scum of the Underhive.

I've selected Artel Miniatures' Inquisitor Gregor to serve as the younger Baptiste.  And because I couldn't pass up such a bizzare model, Artel's Preacher Ignacius Fahrnsworth will serve as one of his Acolytes.

Inquisitor Baptiste adheres to the philosophy that the Puritans of his Order label ‘radical’.  As such, the Inquisitor's henchmen will include both ab-humans and aliens.  In fact, two of his most loyal agents are a Kroot Mercenary that he inherited from his Inquisitor Lord, and a Ratling scout that the Inquisitor saved from the gallows.

Some of his other agents will include a master poisoner (sans the unicorn), a lectro-maester tech-priest, bounty hunters, former gangers, and any other quirky models that strike my fancy.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2019, 06:03:05 PM »
Below is my yellow and black color scheme test-model.   I'm still not sold on the color scheme, but I'll likely forge ahead with it. 

I'll need to add more color to my Necro bases.  Areas of danger stripes and puddles of toxic goo should do the trick.

My Cawdor gang, the Second Sons, wear yellow to emulate the Imperial Fists*, who they revere as living saints.  The Cult of the Second Sons believe that if they die in battle wearing 'The Yellow', their soul will be transported to the Hall of Dorn. Those souls judged worthy will join the Angels of Death in their eternal crusades against the unbelievers.  Those judged unworthy will be cast into the Eye of Terror, to suffer an eternity of torment.

*Necromunda is one of the Fists' two official recruiting worlds, so they maintain a fortress monastery atop Hive Primus.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:03:46 PM by Koyote »

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »
Great choice of models.
And very nice Cawdor here.