Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28MM Pirate Refuge aka modified Skullvane Manse WIP/April 30: More detail added  (Read 5372 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Fun piece - though where is the decaying corpse to go in the hanging cage!?  lol  Love the hand out the window, excellent touch.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
It looks absolutely impressive :o

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks to all for the generous comments. 
Suber, let me recommend to viewers that they take a look at your Mining Town project under Future Wars... great stuff.
FifteensAway, I will be posting another set of pictures for this project (a couple more detail pieces) very soon and one includes a populated version of the hanging cage... a little like doing a ship in a bottle.

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
Sterling work, that's a centerpiece and a half!

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Lovely bit of scenery, although the engineer in me tells me that gun platform will collapse as soon as the cannon is fired!

Offline henerius

• Bookworm
That is superbe!  :-*

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks to all three of you for taking the time to write and for the generous words. 

Steve, the upside to the engineering issue is that reality has very little to do with this.  In fact it is probably the crazy quality of the whole thing that attracted me to it in the first place.

I hope to be posting a couple more pictures (probably the last) before the day is done.  Hope you will check them out.

Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
I've added a couple more details to my pirate refuge. Actually both of these are removable, but I think they offer nice options. My original posting showed an empty gibbet cage. Since I had another cage, I decided to give the second one a victim.. I also decided I needed a telescope so I added a WizKids Deep Cut telescope and stool. The picture of the telescope also provides a better look at the two cannon... they are made by Warmachine.IMG_2685 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_2686 by Richard Garretson, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:25:36 AM by War In 15MM »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Great stuff. I love the dead body. Great use of a zombie!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Nice, these details do add a bit of life.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
Those details are the icing on the cake!  Great work.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Oooh! These additions offer this something different, extra personality to the whole construction! Very inspiring! Congrats!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thank you all.  I sincerely appreciate your kind words.  I'm sure I have probably said this more than once, but this has been a great project for me.  It has been on my mind for years, and it came out very much as I had hoped it would.  These last two additions (the caged victim and the telescope) are happy last minute additions.  My first gibbet cage was empty because effectively putting a figure in it and getting it painted seemed difficult so I initially took the easy road.  Fortunately I had two sets of these cages so I decided to give the victim in a cage a shot.  It's not my greatest paint job, but it works okay.  The telescope was just a lucky find.  I was looking for something else and bumped into the WizKids' Deep Cut range of figures.  I was immediately attracted to the Navigator pack which included the telescope and thought it was appropriate for the pirate refuge and a rather nice reminder of what the Skullvane Manse originally was... I like that.

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
This is a wonderful read. Great idea and execution. The hand reaching out detail always makes me smile. Very well done!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Papierschnitzel, thank you very much for your very generous comments.  Makes me happy to know that the postings get read.  The reaching hand is a favorite of mine as well, and I feel I can say that without too much vanity because it was one of the ideas that I took directly from my inspiration piece... "Piraten."  For anyone who enjoyed this project, I urge you to check out "Piraten."  It is relatively easy to find on pinterest.  My project pales by comparison which is no doubt the reason I didn't post a picture of it on this thread.  Thank you again.  Richard