Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:58:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 704
Total: 709

Recent

Author Topic: DBR and HOTT Games  (Read 689 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
DBR and HOTT Games
« on: April 23, 2019, 09:05:36 PM »
A rainy Saturday (couldn’t go shooting) saw a good turnout of DBAers in Nashville and a Big battle DBR game was played first with three commands on each side. It was the French opposing the Spanish and I commanded the Spanish left flank. The game went about an hour and a half and was great fun.

It was a near run thing too, Two French Commands broke. And the central main Spanish command also broke. With the Spanish right flank barely holding on. My flank was in great shape having only lost two elements (true, it was luck!!!). The final outcome was a Spanish victory.

The French Commanders at the outset looking as if they already knew their fate!

Here’s my command’s initial deployment.

Here’s the Snoopy blimp view of the battlefield.

My command maneuvering to put the hurt where it was most opportune! Main play was to get those blades on the left in amongst the French Ari-Ban archers – can you say Meat Grinder!!!!!

My fine foes, Abby and Dillon.  Have known Abby for a very long time – one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Just met Dillon, her boyfriend, at the game - an equally nice person.

My command is really in the mix now. You can see the wrath my blades have caused the French far right, while my main pike block and knights move to add some additional pain.

Getting down and dirty with the troops – the view from their perspective.

This was the final glimpse of the game before the Spanish settled back for some Madera and snacks! Handshakes were exchanged and discussion of each commanders’ trials and tribulations ensued. All of the figures were 28 MM, belonging to Joe Collins, who was the game master. Some really fine-looking figures they are too!

The afternoon was not yet over and I had time for a game of HOTT with dear friend Paul Potter (who introduced me to both HOTT and DBA). He commanded his new Barbarian army while I fielded my favorite Ninja army with Lady Snowblood.

Here you can see the game is afoot, and well in the mix already. Lady Snowblood (Hero) is on the white base (snow) as I did her after the final scene in the first movie, and next to her is the Kirin (Behemoth) from 47 Ronin.

If you liked the Kill Bill movies, then you'd like the Lady Snowblood movies because the Kill Bill movies are taken from lady Snowblood.

Paul Potter contemplating his next move while good friend Ed Dillon watches. I’m pretty sure both guys started this game with a full head of hair, but the action was so tense……..

The final disposition of the troops after the Ninja gave those Barbarians a severe thrashing. Can’t believe I went home with two wins and no losses….I mean for me that is historic due to my ability to roll lots of ones at critical moments of play!

This was an equally enjoyable game and it is always a pleasure to get in a game with Paul.

This ended the day, as I ventured home carrying my shield instead of being carried on it!!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: DBR and HOTT Games
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:45:52 PM »
Good way to pass a rainy saturday.

DBA 28mm forces look really good, visually far better than in 15mm