Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686549
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: HOTT The Purge  (Read 5429 times)

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: HOTT The Purge
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 08:26:46 PM »
Love the clowns!
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
You know you could use those figures for P.A. Games as well. If People would be willing to dress up for "The Purge" wouldn't they then be willing to dress the same for any P.A. world as a means to quickly I.D. their own members of their group. To which I would be inclined to use them as well as.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 08:14:17 PM »
Just wanted to share a work in progress report on the new Purger elements. They are far from finished, but will give an idea of where I'm heading.

The clowns base coats are now final, with a few minor changes and tweaks from the last picture. Will start the shading and highlighting on them now. When I do that I will focus on just these three figures.

First view of the "sport's Warband element. Univ. of Texas, Atlanta Brave, and SMU.. Need lots of work still.

The first Shooter element.  Flag face, skull face and a character taken form the second Purge movie, Anarchy.

Second Shooter element. All variations taken from the various movies, although the last guy was taken from the Indian in the latest remake of The Magnificent Seven, but modified. (FYI - the remake is terrible so stick with the original!!!)

Behemoth element, the NFFA troops from the second movie, Anarchy. I know, pretty exciting.....black! Here are a couple of screen shots form the movie so you can see just how exciting they are. Hopefully some highlighting and bits will make hem look a little more interesting. But they are a big part of the story.

I know, they're hard to see, so maybe this will give an better idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qv52f3CL70

More to follow,

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »
Those are all looking great! Have you looked at Rebel Minis P.A. figures some of those could really fit in!

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »
Here are four more elements finished for my Purge army. These four elements were truly fun to paint due to the various masks and face paint, not to mention the clowns. There are two Warband elements and two Shooter elements.

Only four more elements to go to finish the army and am hoping the buildings I ordered for the Stronghold will arrive so I can get that done too.

Clowns – Warband

Sports Purgers – Warband

Ganger – Shooters

Another Ganger element – Shooters

More to follow,

Terry

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 12:05:52 AM »
Impressive detailing :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
Finished two more elements for the Purge - the "Smileys" and the Government Troops. Only leaves three to go, and it's finished. The buildings for the Stronghold arrived, so I'll start working on them too.

The "Smileys" - Mercenary troops brought in to help reduce the lower income families so the government doesn't have to take care of them!!! (Told you the scenario of the movies is appalling!!!) Sadly, the smiling faces painted on their Balaclava don't show up very well, but in person it make them very creepy looking.

The "Smileys" from a screen shot of the movie.

The Federal troops, brought in for the same reason as the Mercenaries. They are basically overall black, but in reality are painted a black-gray, shaded with true black and highlighted with a medium gray and then in a few key areas a lighter medium gray.

More to follow,

Terry

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 01:02:18 AM »
Wow, I didn't  catch that, that the mercenaries  had those mask on. Thanks I'll  have to watch it again.

This thread and a couple other have me, looking at a lot of 15mm  manufacturers for Post Apocalypse figures, for those games but for a game much like yours.

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 10:27:44 PM »
I, too, am a fan of the purge movies. I think they are vicarious fun. Definitely unusual subject matter for a game. I love what you've done with this and the use of the HotT rules. I disagree with your cost analysis, but it has no effect on the game.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 03:01:26 AM »
Cyrus, I have reworked my army lists so I can use them also in a standard HOTT game. please tell me what you would do differently as I might like it.

Another element finished for this army - The Beast element, some punks of the "Heart Bleeders" gang with their mutts!! The center puppy is what is called a Tiger Boxer. Had never heard of it, but in seeking info ran across it and had to do that one. Not sure what the other two are supposed to be so I did one as a sheep dog and the other a a black mutt whose owner painted him as a skeleton for Purge Night.

More to follow,

Terry

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 03:52:38 PM »
Very nice work with the dogs, who is the supplier?

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »
War Monkey, the Sheep Dog is from Irregular and the skeleton dog is from Rebel Minis (and  is actually zombie dog, but I filled in the body damage on him before painting). I'm not sure about the Boxer, but looks like either Rebel or Splintered Light, but in looking at their catalogs, I don't see him?????

My source for two of the dogs.

Working on he "Bird Watchers" now and they are both colorful and challenging. Be showing them soon.

Terry

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 12:08:04 AM »
Thanks for the posting of the dogs, nice work as well.

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 08:56:37 AM »
Great painting Terry!

The middle dog reminds me of one of the war dogs from Splintered Lights Early Saxon range -
http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/easawardo.html
Barry

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2019, 08:42:33 PM »
Barry, I looked at he dog in the Splintered Light group, but the casting I have definitely has a bobbed tail. Maybe it was a miscast of some kind as it does look like that????

One more element finished, and this actually gives me a 24 point army, so it could be ready for play. However, I am going to do another Warband element.

This element is my "Bird Watchers", and probably the craziest of all the elements, but I was always fascinated by these Peter Pig figures, and ordered hem with no real plan in mind. However, once I got into this project I decided...why not! They are very colorful and to keep that colors bright like I did with the clowns, I hand painted the shadows and highlights. They are based on actual birds, that I got from my copy of Peterson's. Left to right, they are - an Eastern Bluebird, a Western Tanager and a Painted Bunting. These guys are played as a Warband.

More to follow,

Terry