Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690465
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lovercraftian wargaming?  (Read 5314 times)

Offline agoodall

• Student
    • Hyperbear
Re: Lovercraftian wargaming?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 06:02:50 PM »
I've rather fancied getting Strange Aeons but haven't gotten round to it. I've been putting some Lovecraft groups together for Fistful of Lead though. The Core rules or Galactic Heroes with the Tales of Horror supplement have everything you need. You can recreate some pretty nasty Mythos creatures with traits.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to getting Galactic Heroes versus the core rules? I'm interested in getting Galactic Heroes, but I don't know if there are, say, missing weapon stats that would make the core rules a better option for Lovecraftian games.
Scottish-born Canadian-American software manager, database analyst, game designer and writer.

Offline GobboTown

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 08:49:06 AM »
Greetings,  I was sent here to tell you about Cthulhu: Xothic Wars. A set of Lovecraft inspired rules that start with Starspawn fighting the Elder Things as told by the carvings in the Hall of Remembrance at the Mountains of Madness.  CXW is a monster versus monster skirmish war game 28mm.  There are a whole line of figures out for both armies.  Other figures from other companies are slowly being integrated into the rules like Reaper Bones miniatures.  Recently, work has begun on the second war involving the MiGo race who fought the Spawn and Elder as well.  More info can be found at www.gobbotown.com and the Facebook page Cthulhu: Xothic Wars.  Thanks and may your tentacles stay always slimy, Sandy

Offline Grimforge

• Student
    • grimforge miniature
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 09:38:35 AM »
i can suggest this kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimforge/from-kadath?ref=ab5989&token=615a2154

focused on miniatures but comes also with rules

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 09:31:50 PM »
Are there any advantages or disadvantages to getting Galactic Heroes versus the core rules? I'm interested in getting Galactic Heroes, but I don't know if there are, say, missing weapon stats that would make the core rules a better option for Lovecraftian games.

Galactic Heroes is more sci-fi based but does have rules to create the kind of entities you might want in a Cthulhu setting. Tales of Horror has rules for cultists and necromancers. You'd be able to use either I reckon.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 09:43:28 PM »
As Elk says Galactic Heroes or,wait for it...the Call of  Cthulu rules can be successfully used for skirmish games,we did for ma y years.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.