Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690621
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some Swedish WW2 M/42 APCs for my What-if Project  (Read 800 times)

Offline Rollaone

• Librarian
  • Per at Roll a One
    • Roll a One
Some Swedish WW2 M/42 APCs for my What-if Project
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:56:45 AM »
Most of the time the Swedish soldier during the WW2 era would march on his feet, sometimes on a bike, sometimes on a horse cart or a lorry, but there was also the iconic KP-bil (M/42). Here is how I made mine in 15mm as part of our SwedishCoC what-if project. Hope it is of interest, at least you may not have seen one of these vehicles on a wargames table before!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Some Swedish WW2 M/42 APCs for my What-if Project
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
...nick-named, quite astutely, "the Sow".

So glad, and sursprised to see someone else doing a Swedish what-if scenario, albeit in 15mm.

I am in the process of converting and painting Swedish armor, transport and bicycle infantry in 28mm for a scenario set in 1942.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:35:30 PM »
Nice! I have been debating how to proxy some Swedish troops do the Danish liberation operation that never came about.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »
Nice! I have been debating how to proxy some Swedish troops do the Danish liberation operation that never came about.

The main compromize which needs to be done is about the helmets. The uniform I much German in cut but with british styled short leggings. The smaller the scale you use the less you need to be concerned.  Polish, italian and Chez troops will work fine in 15mm.

Other than that it is quite fun to gather the other material: american  BAR, Austrian Schwartzlose heavy MG, Bofors AA and AT, etc.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:51:19 PM by Hammers »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »
And that is my problem. I primarily play in 28m! lol
Trying to find a good forces to be the base for my converting is only the start.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »
Lovely!  They were still using those things until the 1990s (in the Gotland Armoured Brigade).
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk