Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690587
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Exeter Legionary 2019..... May 11th  (Read 714 times)

Offline Streetline

• Librarian
Exeter Legionary 2019..... May 11th
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »
LEGIONARY 2019 WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY THE 11TH MAY.

Legionary has been run by the Exmouth Imperials for several years now, and hope to make the show even bigger and the most varied wargames event in the area. We always have many wargames traders selling historical, fantasy and sci fi figures, rules and terrain; several demonstration or participation games (and room for more), tournaments run by Kirton Games and the usual huge and busy bring and buy. So if you want to buy, sell, play or just look at wargames on May 11th 2019 there’s no better place in England.

http://legionaryshow.co.uk/

Exmouth Imperial Wargames Society is a wargames club that has been running for over 15 years in Exmouth, East Devon. We meet every Wednesday night in the function room of Liverton Copse Social Club. We play a wide range of games – historical, fantasy and science fiction – and all scales. We’d welcome more players so if you’re in the area, feel free to pop in.

Exeter Legionary - 7th May 2022 - Exeter Matford Centre
Games, traders,  bigger bring and buy every year
http://legionaryshow.co.uk/

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Re: Exeter Legionary 2019..... May 11th
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »
I enjoyed my visit yesterday. It is a good venue with plenty of space and great light conditions.  Some good games, amongst those the Cold War demo game by Nick Turner and Edgehill by Don and mates took my eye.

The trade was varied and although some trace stands looked a bit worn there was something for everyone.

Attendance  numbers  meant that there was plenty of room and you could see everything easily enough. The cafe was cracking (thinking with my belly for a moment) . Parking seemed full to capacity but I found a side car park . If you wanted to encourage attendance maybe a marshal could be positioned to assist those driving  round and round the smaller car parks?

I will go again and hopefully put on a game next year. 👍

Offline Streetline

• Librarian
Re: Exeter Legionary 2019..... May 11th
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:08:03 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.  We were somewhat short staffed this year but will look at marshalling, or at least signing for future years.

JDE