Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689676
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Ship of the Line WIP  (Read 739 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
[Commercial] Ship of the Line WIP
« on: May 03, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
I'm proud to show you what our upcoming 1/600 scale Ship of the Line looks like, now that all the 3D printing and prototyping work is over. We intended to make a medium ship of the line, rather than any of those huge 1st or 2nd rates; so we took as a loose model an early 1700s Russian 58-gun warship good for building a 4th rate model from it --or even a small 3rd rate one if imagining her plentiful of bow and stern chasers!

The hull you can see in the following pictures is the ultimate production resin one, while masts and rigging are 3D printed prototypes that are to be taken now to foundry --so the ultimate ones will be white metal.

Here below you can see the fine detail achieved on hull sides, showing the gun ports open.

We have also designed rigging versions for fully unfurled sails, that we shall most probably sell apart, as optional accessories for ship customization.

Here below, our warship can bee seen together with a race-built galleon from Skytrex (scaled at 1/600 to), so as to help having a notion about their respective sizes.

I'll do my best to have a built and painted sample in a short while (with some scratch building work at rigging, if the white metal parts aren't ready in time), so as to take some pictures of it side by side with samples from other brands such as Skytrex and Peter Pig.

Cheers,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill

Offline Papierschnitzel

• Scientist
    • Papierschnitzel
Re: [Commercial] Ship of the Line WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
Being a ship builder myself, I have to say I really love this design. Wonderful shapes and detail. I can imagine a whole fleet of these on the table already  :)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: [Commercial] Ship of the Line WIP
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 09:12:32 AM »
Lovely design Lluis.

Sail and mast sets as extras is a great idea, not necessarily to the extent that Rod Langton does in 1/1200 but Battle, Easy Sail and Full sail options would be good.