Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Dockside Storehouses and Luffing Crane  (Read 3742 times)

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
19/5/19
The second wave of our dockside range is here:

Waterside Storehouse

Fish Market

Luffing Crane

11/5/19
I'm currently working on a whole dockside range to go with the German Flak boat I made. Here's the first couple of releases:

The Fishing Trawler.

The Kreigsfischcutter is a converted civilian vessel. The fishing trawler is what I imagined it looked like before it was requisitioned by the Kreigsmarine.

Dockside Terrace buildings

The dockside terrace buildings are available as a bundle as well as individually. You can find the buildings and the trawler here: https://www.titanterrain.nz/category/ww2-terrain

4/5/19
First up the Kreigsfischcutter.

You can find the Kreigsfischcutter here: www.titanterrain.nz/product/kriegsfischkutter

You can find the machine shop here: https://www.titanterrain.nz/product/machine-shop

Happy gaming!

(In future I'll just update this post with new releases rather than make new posts, like they do on Dakka)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:14:13 PM by TitanTerrainNZ »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Kreigsfischcutter and Machine Shop
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »
Firstly welcome to the forum.
I'll be honest I'm not in the market for any terrain (at the moment ;) )
I spent long time looking for a suitable mdf church (to the point I could have scratch built a cathedral quicker.) In the end I ended up virtually rebuilding an mdf kit to get to something near what I was looking for.
With that quick qualification. I can honestly say you church kit appears to one of the most intelligently designed on the market .
You've handled scale compression and a playable interior exceptionally well. Most impressive is the fact you appear to have put the effort into scaling both the windows and door in proportion to the building. Something larger well known manufacturers simply fugde .
The only insiders observation I could make is don't be affraid to use more greyboard in place of mdf pieces.It will help soften some of the lines, and reduce the bulk of some features .( such as the wheel house). Over all some lovely and well executed kits.

Mark.

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Re: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Kreigsfischcutter and Machine Shop
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:39:30 AM »
Hiya Mark,

Thanks for the kind words :)

Re more extensive use of greyboard, do you mean using it structurally? My only concern is how it gets damaged relatively easily. I try not to use it in any areas that could get knocked easily.

I Here's some vehicles I've done which make pretty extensive use of it.

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Re: [COMMERCIAL] New from TTNZ - Fishing Trawler and Dockside Terrace
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 11:43:12 PM »
I've just released the first couple of pieces for our forthcoming dockside range, the fishing trawler and dockside terrace buildings. More details and pictures in the original post.

Mostly everything I'm making for the dockside range should look equally at home on a semi-industrial board as well. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for terrain they'd like to see in a dockside/industrial range I'd love to hear from you.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:46:58 PM by TitanTerrainNZ »

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I like your ships.
Also like the flat rate shipping cost.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
I really like the ships and the buildings!  :-*

I'm always a bit cautious about ordering overseas though because I don't want the hassle with the customs...but that might change now with these items! Really really cool stuff and fair prices too!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 09:33:25 AM by .:Gunslinger:. »

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
Wow! Those pictures look amazing! Hopefully some day I will be able to check them out. I bet I could have a lot of fun with those ships on my WW2 Tables!
Check out my site Must Contain Minis. I do news, previews, showcases and reviews of miniatures and miniature related products.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now

Very nice, I love the fishing boats - a modular tramp steamer would be nice (the TT Combat one, while useful, is a little too modern looking out of the box, and requires modification).

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Very nice, I love the fishing boats - a modular tramp steamer would be nice (the TT Combat one, while useful, is a little too modern looking out of the box, and requires modification).

Yeah the boats have been getting a fair bit of interest which is nice, it doesn't seem like there's much on the market for 1/56 Colonial/WW1/WW2 boats.

I'm thinking about doing something like this next. I'd do it a bit longer than the KFK/Trawler.

A German E Boat is the other idea I've had suggested which seemed good.

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
That trawler looks great.

The dockside buildings look good, what are they based on?

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
Lovely stuff, do you have a UK agent?

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
That trawler looks great.

The dockside buildings look good, what are they based on?

Thanks. They're based on a very grainy picture of a French dock from what looks like the turn of the century.

Lovely stuff, do you have a UK agent?

No but I've just dropped my international shipping to a flat $20NZD, around 10 GBP (and $10NZD for Australia).

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Yeah the boats have been getting a fair bit of interest which is nice, it doesn't seem like there's much on the market for 1/56 Colonial/WW1/WW2 boats.

I'm thinking about doing something like this next. I'd do it a bit longer than the KFK/Trawler.

A German E Boat is the other idea I've had suggested which seemed good.

You're just working your way up to the Rainbow Warrior aren't you?  :D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Hi,
Is the price of your buildings in NZ dollars or US dollars?

Offline TitanTerrainNZ

• Student
Hi,
Is the price of your buildings in NZ dollars or US dollars?

Everything is in New Zealand dollars.

You're just working your way up to the Rainbow Warrior aren't you?

Well it's an important part of my country's history, what else is there to work up to?  ;)