Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm New Vistula Legion ( NVL)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: 15mm New Vistula Legion ( NVL)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
Bang on.👍👍👍
Exactly what I do with my scratchbuilds to avoid thick corners/ joins. Sticking them with PVA  &/or flooding with CA
I find that pressing them with a flat jaw pliers really gives a square , strong joint.

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 02:01:24 AM »
I use long straight tweezers instead of pliers for the same result.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 05:56:22 AM »
Yes those come in very handy for tight places. Especially the self closing ones. The only snag I find with these are they're usually heavy & long , so you have to find a way to rest them for fear of them twisting & damaging the build.Like these.

Small , sprung plastic clamps help also.You can never have enough sprung clamps.
Though you have to make sure that any clamp you use, does not damage the workpiece.like these

I also use a clamp assembly, like those used for soldering electronics  , for holding  complicated builds.
Like these

Z
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:14:18 AM by zrunelord »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »
Awesome. I'm definitely not against giving something a go and seeing what turns out. I just wasn't sure if there was a simple rule of thumb about cutting angles that I hadn't yet come across. :)

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 06:56:13 AM »
Yes do give it a try.
Just came to mind that you can also use a compass , or a divider & a protractor ( as used in geometrical constructions ) to make /measure angles.Just keep in mind that angles are governed by the lengths & breadths of a particular build & more often than not, are just a simple joining of points ( i.e. they are produced automatically once the general  dimensions are set .... as in technical or engineering drawing ).

Look at it this way. 2 x 100 mm lines meet at 90deg  , if you were to join the other 2 points, then the other 2 angles will be 45deg ...... but if one of the lines is made longer or shorter than the other 2 angles will change automatically.

Do share what you build  & ask if you get stuck.

The most important thing is that if it looks right then it is, even if it looks wacky & goes against the laws of science... it is scifi afterall  ;)

Z
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:36:29 AM by zrunelord »