Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Euro Miniature Expo 2019 (Folkestone, UK, May 11-12)  (Read 701 times)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
Euro Miniature Expo 2019 (Folkestone, UK, May 11-12)
« on: May 05, 2019, 11:21:12 PM »
Right, the timing is tight but I decided to post anyway.

The story is that a long time ago in a country far, far away, we didn't have that many sources for miniature entertainment. There was GW and WD, but that was about it. However, at some point I found photo reports of an event called Euro Militaire. It was truly eye-opening. Later we started visiting various international shows with a couple of friends. Euro Militaire was always on the "would be nice" list, but it never became reality.

Well, this month I'm travelling to SE England for some completely unrelated business, but something reminded me of this show. Then I learnt that Euro Militaire itself has already been gone for several years, but nowadays there's Euro Miniature Expo, which apparently picked up the same general concept in the same place. Coincidentally, the date and location were pretty much ideal for combining with my other travels so the chance was simply too good to miss. After a lot of general chaos with everything, I finally managed to book my weekend trip to Folkestone. (I hope...)

Does anyone else, perchance, plan to attend? I could meet any brave LAFfers there...or maybe in London too? It doesn't cost anything to ask, right? :D