Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:08:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690765
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KICKSTARTER The Coven of the Nameless Thirteen. NSFW  (Read 2793 times)

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
KICKSTARTER The Coven of the Nameless Thirteen. NSFW
« on: May 07, 2019, 03:02:01 PM »
Dark Maenad Games is running a kickstarter for a group of pleasure cultists in 32mm.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkmaenad/the-nameless-thirteen?ref=project_build

The coven members are available in resin cast by RN Estudio or in metal cast by Effin Cool Miniatures. The Mercenaries available as stretch goals will only be available in metal.

Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: KICKSTARTER The Coven of the Nameless Thirteen. NSFW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Not thrilled about the stated scale, but the subject matter is unusual and the sculpts are reasonably tasteful for what they are.  Awful lot of males for a Europe that's supposed to going through a Y the Last Man kind of plague, and why do they (mostly) get to be fully dressed while the gals are almost all at least partially starkers? 

Hope the High Priestess has had that lionskin glued to her horse or something, because she's going to be falling off in short order the moment she goes over a sedate walking pace otherwise.  Might not stay on regardless, she sure doesn't know how to sit a horse.  Witchie-poo is no better, but falling off a goat doesn't hurt as much as falling off a  horse.

Like the jester and huntsman quite a bit, and the duelist and pistol swashbuckler are neat poses if they get unlocked.  I suppose the nun could make for an interesting addition to a Mordheim Sister crew - those dames are crazy already, going pantless doesn't seem over the top for them.  :)

Mostly not to my tastes, but at least you can back for small lots of them.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »
I LOVE the Captain, it looks a lot like Artesia. Is that on purpose? I might back the project just for her. I would love to see some size comparisons with models from other manufacturers.

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:40 AM »
The plague is far from taking the last man. It has reduced the male population significantly but in a society where almost all work outside the house is done by men, a loss of fifty percent of the male population would cause significant changes.  Men and women generally choose to dress differently from each other in the pre-modern world. They choose to undress differently as well.

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »
I LOVE the Captain, it looks a lot like Artesia. Is that on purpose? I might back the project just for her. I would love to see some size comparisons with models from other manufacturers.

Thank you, the resemblance to any witch/captain/concubine or to anyone else in the known world is purely coincidental.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 07:37:32 AM »
Some interesting sculpts here. Not all of them, but certainly the jester, the bard and most of the mercenaries.

Are they only renders right now, or are there some prints already?

...Witchie-poo is no better, but falling off a goat doesn't hurt as much as falling off a  horse...
Obviously you've never fallen off a goat...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »
Very well executed sculpts.

I think I'll have to get the Jester, hunchback, and likely the Nun.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »
Some interesting sculpts here. Not all of them, but certainly the jester, the bard and most of the mercenaries.

Wrong.  I've fallen off both.  The horse resulted in an emergency room visit.  The goat resulted in me getting back on the goat.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
The plague is far from taking the last man. It has reduced the male population significantly but in a society where almost all work outside the house is done by men, a loss of fifty percent of the male population would cause significant changes.  Men and women generally choose to dress differently from each other in the pre-modern world. They choose to undress differently as well.

Y the Last Man was a (fairly famous) comic series that dealt with the aftermath of a plague that killed only males, albeit later in history and much more completely.  You should storyline is the same trope set earlier and apparently with less mortality from the disease.  Good thing, your gals won't be able to rely on sperm banks until they crack single-gender reproduction.

Not buying that explanation for why your cultist men get clothes and your cultist women don't.  If you're going to do cheesecake at least own up to it.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
Thank you, the resemblance to any witch/captain/concubine or to anyone else in the known world is purely coincidental.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I backed. Artesia is worth it. And Jimi Hendrix.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 09:41:36 PM »
Some truly fantastic sculpts, but the choice of scale is "idiosyncratic."  Doesn't fit with anything else.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
Some truly fantastic sculpts, but the choice of scale is "idiosyncratic."  Doesn't fit with anything else.

I think 32mm should fit in pretty well with most modern fantasy miniatures. They won't look good next to old glory whatever's from the 90s though.

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:27:00 PM »

32mm? It fits almost everything I have including the new GW stuff. Even most Reaper figures look better next to 32mm figures than 28mm. There is one 54mm figure that is for collectors and painters. Oh, and The Champion is 35mm because he/she is supposed to be six and a half feet tall.

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »

Thank you,

We have several finished figures in resin, metal figures have been cast bust I don't have good pictures yet. These are resin.

More pictures on our Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/DarkMaenad/

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »
Not buying that explanation for why your cultist men get clothes and your cultist women don't.  If you're going to do cheesecake at least own up to it.

I'm sorry, I think we have a misunderstanding. They were absolutely meant to be sexy. They were designed that way from the start, but the men were designed to be sexy as well and I think we succeeded on that. What's more, I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from women about the way I depicted the women and the men in this project. No they aren't all undressed to the same extent but I think we've come closer than anyone else except Kingdom Death in balancing parity and sexiness.