Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690586
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battle of the Denfeld Wastes  (Read 677 times)

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
Battle of the Denfeld Wastes
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:01:15 PM »
4.347.019.M42- Xoxigar Secondus

An Aquila Lander has crashed in the Denfeld Wastes. Artifacts acquired by the Deathwatch - the Chamber Militant of the Inquisition's Ordos Xenos - were aboard. These items were deemed of vital importance to the Inquisition and the safety of the Imperium! The 5th Company, 382nd Tallarn (Desert Raider) Regiment were the closest imperial forces stationed near the crash site and were thus were tasked with securing the site until members of the Inquisition could be brought in to secure the cargo.

Upon arrival at the crash site, they realized, however, that they were not the only ones interested in recovering the cargo that was aboard the Aquila Lander. A number of the Relics were stolen from the Thaestalyrdaes craft world - including the spirit stone of a Wraithknight - and they wanted it all back!

A full report of the ensuing action can be found on my blog (in two parts!)

Part One:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-battle-of-denfeld-wastes-part-one.html

Part Two:

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-battle-of-denfeld-wastes-part-two.html

Here are a few pics of the action...

The game was played against my daughter - her Craftworld Eldar, my Tallarn...

All set up and ready to go!

Snipers take up a position to cover the others advance while an infantry squad secures one of the objectives.

The supporting tank rumbles forward spraying the xenos with bolter rounds, while the infantry on the left flank secure another objective...

then the Eldar struck back and things went generally downhill from there...

Phoenix Lord Jain Zar crashed into the right flank and set down everything in her path...

The arrival of Roughriders on the flanks did little to stop the advance of the Eldar.

the Avatar of Khaine crashed into the left flank and destroyed the supporting armour!

By the end of the second round, Jain Zar had crashed right through the Imperial lines and cut down the Guard commander!

More roughriders charge in on the other flank in a desperate bid to slow the advance of the Eldar... at least until the Inquisition troops could arrive and secure their cargo!

Check out the rest of the action on the blog...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Battle of the Denfeld Wastes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 09:30:46 AM »
That looks like a great battle, with nicely painted miniatures on a good looking table. Kudos!  8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Tesla knight

• Bookworm
Re: Battle of the Denfeld Wastes
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
Great looking game!

I really like the smoke/explosion thingy on the destroyed Leman Russ. Very smart!