Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blood and Plunder Marineros Showcase  (Read 1093 times)

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
Blood and Plunder Marineros Showcase
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:35:52 PM »
Recently I took photos of my Blood and Plunder Marineros Miniatures by Firelock Games. I wrote an article about the unit and posted it to my site Must Contain Minis. Come on over and check it out! 

https://mustcontainminis.com/2019/05/blood-plunder-marineros-unit-showcase.html

Original Source... https://mustcontainminis.com/2019/05/blood-plunder-marineros-unit-showcase.html
Check out my site Must Contain Minis. I do news, previews, showcases and reviews of miniatures and miniature related products.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
Re: Blood and Plunder Marineros Showcase
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »
Lovely painting. While I like some of the Firelock figures, I really don't like the strange bent-kneed poses many of them have. No real person stands in those poses; I guess they are designed to look dynamic, but to me they just look odd.

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
Thanks Steve.  I like the models but if dynamic poses with the models in motion are not your thing, I understand your opinion.  Thanks for commenting!

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »
It's not that I dislike dynamic poses, it's chaps like that Indian drawing his bow with both knees bent. Who stands like that when drawing a bow? It's possible to have nice dynamic poses in other ways; just look at many of the Perry sculpts. Anyway, if you like the figures, that is all that matters.