Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690338
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastics - Single or Multi-piece mouldings  (Read 3120 times)

Offline rosafari

• Assistant
Re: Plastics - Single or Multi-piece mouldings
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
Multi part please.

Legs and torsos combined makes for more convincing clothes and poses.

More heads the better. Necks on heads rather than on torsos.

Hands on weapons rather than Lego man claw hands.  Another vote for non combat hands too. And if you can try to give every wrist a cuff/vambrace for easy hand swaps.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 01:20:58 PM »
Please go multi part to allow multiple poses. I agree with the other posters regarding separate heads with necks, hands with weapons moulded on, spare hands etc.

I suggest that you have a good look at Perry WOTR Infantry, European Infantry and Light Cavalry - these are very good for mix and match building. The other Perry medieval sets are also very good but have fewer mix & match options.

Also, I suggest that you avoid duplicating the North Star Oathmark sets, but make your products match in proportions, so that both can be used on the same battlefield.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
One thing that seems underutilised to me in fantasy kits is a multi-species approach. Given the huge number of 'evil humanoids' in fantasy games, it would be great to get a kit that allowed you to build various types from the same sprues.

An obvious example would be an orc sprue that had both Tolkienesque and pig-faced heads. But it could be taken further, with bestial heads (broos, beastmen, gnolls) and D&Dish hobgoblins. Scantily clad 'tribal' bodies could have optional lizardman heads (and tails!), and so on.

Frostgrave has done a bit of this, with the cultist that can also be assembled as zombies or skeletons. But your typical bulky, humanoid monster body could be a whole range of things depending on the head. If a company were to do a versatile "monstrous humanoids" boxed set, I'm sure there'd be a host of buyers. And those who might want to make Formorians or chaos creatures or whatever could just use all the parts together.

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
I'm not a fan of plastic or resin miniatures.
I don't like to buy these figures very much and only when I feel that the miniatures are very good.
An exception are the miniatures of Anvil Industry.
But if I had to choose, then please in multi-part.
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -