Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686655
  • Total Topics: 118118
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: How to do an Heroic Cuchulainn in 28mm  (Read 1170 times)

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
How to do an Heroic Cuchulainn in 28mm
« on: May 10, 2019, 12:54:28 PM »
hello boy,
Just to show you the main ideas in few steps to creat cuchulainn in his human form and the surnatural oen when he run berserk during a fight.

1st step :
Choose the figurine you like or you think the most ideal to represent the mighty celtic Hero !
Mine is a Celtos figurine

2nd step :
Give him the more celtic look

3 th step :

Find a figurine for the surnatural form for Cuchulainn

and wait my next post for the result.   :D

Cheers
Eric
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
Re: How to do an Heroic Cuchulainn in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »
firstly, here is the description of the Berserk transformation of Cuchualin battle rage :

"....The first warp-spasm seized Cu Chulainn, and turned him into something monstrous, horrible and shapeless, like nothing ever heard of. His legs and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in a flood or a reed in a river. His body twisted furiously inside his skin, so that his feet and shins turned backward and his heels and calves turned forward... The sinews of his head stretched to the nape of his neck, each great, huge knob as big as the head of a month-old child... one eye sank so deep into his head that a wild crane could not pick it out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out upon his cheek. His mouth twisted, his cheeks peeled back from his jaws until his gullet showed, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece came up his throat to his mouth... The hair of his head twisted like a red thorn-bush stuck in a cleft; if a royal apple tree with all its noble fruit were shaken above him no apple would reach the ground, but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage.
The Táin Bó Cúailnge "

and now , here is the result of my mind about this :

Not completly finished but that the idea !  ;D

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
That's an interesting take on the riastradh. I must admit I wasn't too sure when I saw the donor figure but even just with the head conversion, it's already working out nicely.

I don't see how you could portray this "contorted limbs" thing without it looking silly (attempts by Belardinelli and Fabry notwithstanding, those were awesome in their weirdness), especially in miniature form. I've got the warped Slaíne by Foundry and I must say I'm inclined to prefer your take already.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
That's an interesting take on the riastradh. I must admit I wasn't too sure when I saw the donor figure but even just with the head conversion, it's already working out nicely.

I don't see how you could portray this "contorted limbs" thing without it looking silly (attempts by Belardinelli and Fabry notwithstanding, those were awesome in their weirdness), especially in miniature form. I've got the warped Slaíne by Foundry and I must say I'm inclined to prefer your take already.

You are welcome !
i won't go very far into the conversion about Cuchulainn surnatural form because i don't have too much spare time for it.
So i'll try to give him a "looks like" more than a true "conversion of.." with atrophied limbs etc...
i have a lot of Mythologic Projects to complete (see the Ancients topic) and so little time to spend on.. :'(

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »
You are welcome !
i won't go very far into the conversion about Cuchulainn surnatural form because i don't have too much spare time for it.
So i'll try to give him a "looks like" more than a true "conversion of.." with atrophied limbs etc...
i have a lot of Mythologic Projects to complete (see the Ancients topic) and so little time to spend on.. :'(

I think it is looking fine already (except for that slightly unfortunately-placed bottle, but that's the sculptor's fault) and I am looking forward to seeing the end result.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:52 AM »
for the bottle, it's my fault. :?
I miss it when i clean up the figurine for the conversion.
I don't like the bottle so i think i'll cut it off.
The Bones plastic is so easy to work with. My Celtos have a scottish purse. May be i'll convert the bottle into a purse.... ;)