Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Carronade 2019  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Andy Tee

• Assistant
Re: Carronade 2019
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:19 AM »
I felt a wee bit sorry for Foundry, tucked away under the stairs Dave. Hope they don't take the hump about that. The signage was good enough to find them easily though.

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 09:59:01 PM »
Foundry have wanted to come for a few years and this was the only way we could fit them in. They will probably be back next year so hopefully it was worth their while

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 09:20:33 PM »
Hi Dave,

feedback on the show:

1. Overwhelmingly positive, it was a great day out. Most of the vendors also seemed to be doing good business.

On a 'constructive criticism view' -

1. Better signposting of the actual halls ? I kept feeling like I might have spent the whole day there and completely overlooked one hall.
2. The fleamarket format was ok, but I kept feeling like I needed to duck back every hour to see if I was missing anything. It's possibly the best format, but it still has drawbacks. Not sure there is anything you could change here though.
3. Stewards? - I've seen other shows use 'hi-viz' vests to easily let people spot helpers/stewards.
4. Could the painting exhibits be in a better lit location?
5. Finally, not sure about having the games in the entry hall, it seemed to create a lot of congestion. (But also, not sure there was an alternative location.)

My final observations - my impression was this year there were marginally fewer games at the very top level of spectacular (three or four I think) compared to previous years, and it looked to me like there were fewer people actually playing participation games.

As I said on my blog, I was pleased to see more women there, but I didn't think I saw as many kids as usual, although I wasn't able to get there till midday.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 08:50:06 AM »
Thanks for the feedback -  we always have a post show get together to review how it went and have suggestions for improvements for next year so I will feed in your comments.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 09:00:38 AM »
I enjoyed the show and was very impressed with the standard of games.

I did a book signing and chatted to a lot of people about my book and plans for the next books.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »
Sorry I missed your book signing Mick.