Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: El Patron, 28mm Pablo Escobar Miniature  (Read 845 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
El Patron, 28mm Pablo Escobar Miniature
« on: May 13, 2019, 04:55:17 AM »

The model is "Pablito" from Footsore Miniatures, based on the actor Wagner Moura likeness from the Tv Series Narcos.

The actual figure was designed in a 3D modelling program, printed out, then a mould made. With the final model cast in pewter. I painted him up near as I could as to how he appears in the show - using this particular still for reference (deciphering whether his sweater's black, dark green or navy blue took a while...).

He'll do for some pulp or modern games as an objective marker. Something to replace old Saddam with for our Zombie games perhaps (don't ask why Disco Saddam keeps turning up in our zombie games set on a spaceship). : 8)

(And yeah, one of these is so much quicker to paint than all the other junk sitting on my painting table at the moment. What's not shown in these images is the 20 layers of paint each piece of clothing and skin took. Hmph, the images just merge all the different tones into one. Bah.  ::))

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:21:24 AM by Wyrmalla »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: El Patron, 28mm Pablo Escobar Miniature
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
Wagner Moura is a fine actor with a long and established career and a tremendous body of work. Sadly, I suspect that outside of Brazil, it’s what he will be best remembered for, which should be doubly irritating, as he stacked on 20-30 kilos for the role and was widely criticised in Colombia for his accent. Of course I can’t see anyone producing a miniature for his character in Tropa de Elite, much less the one in Cidade Baixa. Just as well, I’d have problems playing with toy soldiers depicting BOPE. Too close to the bone.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: El Patron, 28mm Pablo Escobar Miniature
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
Before Narcos he's likely remembered in the West for his appearance in Elysium. I know his accent was off, but from my perspective he wasn't any worse than other drams on Netflix like American Crime Story. And at least he wasn't speaking English as with so many shows (The Man in the High Castle - let's speak German/ Japanese for one sentence then switch to English).

With Escobar at least its been decades since his death. There's probably an El Chapo figure out there though. This figure could easily do for other characters as well. I was picturing him as an out of shape guy in his 40s standing looking at his nice lawn to be honest. He'll do as a civilian figure, or your criminal overlord depending on the scenario. :)