Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wintercon Bukhara public event  (Read 5720 times)

Online JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wintercon Bukhara public event
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
Amazing collection!!! I'm looking forward to the pics and AAR's from the mini campaign.

*What mfgr are the seated Brit figs? I need to get some drivers for my BOB and WWI Africa collection.

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
hi Jeff

long time no speak - the seated figures are converted Perry miniatures and converted company B mini's, im not the owner of these figures, he's part of the organising group. I will see if I can get more clear info..... talk soon

Andrew

Online JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 11:10:33 AM »
Hi Andrew, yes, king time indeed.

Thank you, I appreciate it. This project is in the fledgling planing, procurement, and purchasing phase.

Be well,
Jeff

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
Ok Jeff

doc Smith is the owner of the vehicles I have asked him and his response is

Most are Company B the rest kit bashed from other various seated figures.

He isn’t a forum member but may join

Online JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 03:53:20 PM »
Andrew, thank you.

That's going be to be an incredible event. I'm looking forward to more pics and AAR's.

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »
Thanks Jeff at this stage

The scenarios have been written and are yet to be playested, we have drafted and printed off unit cards that have been laminated. This will speed up the games plus have visual impact for participants and army organisational cards are being drafted.

All organisers are finishing of their last units and getting them ready to run there are 6 sides being finalised - Bokhara, Turks, White Russians, 2 x red Russians and a British force that can be fielded as a British northwest frontier army or as Dunster force.

We have had a local hobby supplier design and produce custom Perspex bomb templates - these are nice game aids.

The scenery for the three leading scenarios is almost complete with two oil towers still to complete and the owner of the majority of the city terrain has been busy wood putting the buildings to be used for Bukhara it self getting them ready for a final texture surface to be applied which will happen in the not to distant future

So we are very close to running

It has been a great effort by all
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:00:14 PM by drewsart »

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »
There will be more units, possibilities and options available for each player to select at the event than can possibly be fielded but this is so that every body will have choice allowing for armies to be modified as needed to suit games, opponents encountered and playing styles

To date all army test runs hVe resulted in some really enjoyable games - it has been a hoot so far and we expect the event to be no different

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 12:55:43 AM »
Hi Jeff

here are some close up photos supplied by Doc smith, I responded to your PM, but was not sure if they sent
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:14:48 AM by drewsart »

Online JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Andrew, outstanding references, that’s just what I needed for motivation! I’ve got several toy Matchbox vehicles of yesteryear that I plan to convert.

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 12:21:44 AM »
Doc Smiths Army ready for the event a force that can play Dunster force and also a British Indian frontier force

Docs comments - Vehicle pool including Armoured Cars on the left followed by the British (with two units of Scots in front). Next to them the Indians with Mountain Gun in front and Ghurkas (with HMG) next to them and the ANZAC Light Horse, truck mounted HMG, Model T Scout and Camel Corps.

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »
What an absolutely stunning collection of vehicles and troops. Top stuff  :-*

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 11:31:34 AM »
Good evening gents here is the latest photos from Doc Smith along with his competed oil rigs ready to play Dunsterforce and one of the scenarios in the coming Wintercon event - more excellent work thank you Brad
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:18:34 PM by drewsart »

Offline ecwcaptain

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
Very, Very nice. Glad to see more of the oil derricks, and that the instructions in my book worked out. :-)

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2019, 06:48:25 AM »
Good evening all, following is a description and photos from Doc Smiths run through od scenarios 3 last night - sorry I can post this scenario yet

The scenario played fairly well with Martin's Bolsheviks caming up against Doc's mobile British Dunsterforce. Both sides were evenly balanced with air support (Biggles Camel vs Bolshie Spad).

The Brits opted for less infantry a second cavalry regt and two AC's. Both sides had a gun and HMG supports. during the game the Brits managed to occupy all three oil rigs. The Reds took the oil workers town and one end of an oil rig but couldn't quite manage to get in, with both sides suffered heavy losses in cavalry, the Red unit being wiped out by the Yeomanry in hand-to-hand.

The Red infantry and Red Spad wiped 11 of 14 Indian lancers, leaving them with two shocks but grimly holding on. One unit of Scots suffered 50% casualties but still managed to get into and hold the furthest rig on the table. The Red's Cheka managed to do the same in the adjacent worker's town and inflict heavy losses on the Yeomanry by the end of the battle. The British camel never made it onto the board so the Red Spad ruled the skies over the table, while the Red tank couldn't hit at thing this time despite shells fleying everywhere, no oil rigs were blown up much to the relief of the British units occupying them!

Offline drewsart

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »
Here is a small selection of photos from the Turk/German game vs White Russians this game being tough between two brothers

In the scenario, the turks blocked the bridge with a heroic Turkish armoured car and covered the bridge and it’s approaches with 2 field guns. This quickly resulted in suppression’s all round. to break this impasse the whites rolled up their MkIV but even this vehicle through successive hits was overcome as the tank crew eventually bailed out

Once the Turkish armoured car was destroyed and then it became an infantry slug fest with bombs at 20 paces.

A cavalry action at a the river crossing was initially indecisive with both sides facing off, finally being forces as the white sent their first cavalry force across the river, which was massacred by charging Turkish lancers.

Both sides deployed their planes the white albatross taking out the Turkish armoured car, and the Turkish plane bombing and suppressed Russian units.

Using scenario victory conditions it was a narrow White Russian victory despite the turks being in better condition by the end of the game