Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

Gallic Aulerci Federation update Village 2/11/21

(1/26) > >>

bluewillow:
Gaulois Project

We have the fourth largest Gaulois Oppium (walled city) in France just a few kilometres from our Maison in Mayenne. Archeologists excavated a large amount of the city when the new motorway skirted the edge of it. Much of its twin ramparts still remain, the outer and the inner wall still have sections around 100m in length and about 3-5m high. Close by we also have the Roman city of Jublians, which capital of the Diablintes Post 60AD.

My Gaulois will focus on the Aulerci Federation, the  Diablintes tribe along with the Aulerci Cenomani (Le Mans) and Aulerci Eburovici (Évruex) tribes to make up the warbands of 30 bases.

I already have a few miniatures mostly crusader, old glory and some Warlord that make a small army which will be the Abrincatuii tribe, who stood with the Diablintes against Quintus Titurius Sabinus in 56BCE and against Titus Labienus in 52BCE.

I purchased three bags of Victrix naked Gauls and three bags of foot plus two cavalry bags, making around three hundred figures to paint. 

The army will be based for impetus so I need about ten bases of infantry for each tribe, plus some skirmishers and a few bases of Cavalry, so eventually about four hundred figures to face Caesars Legions. So a lot to be done in the next 6-12 months

First off the desk are naked Celts completed a few weeks ago

Then some light cavalry this week

Wish me all the best

Cheers
Matt

Bloggard:
super paint-jobs and basing.

looking forward to seeing more.

SteveBurt:
Lovely painting
Those light cavalry look quite heavy; they are wearing mail shirts.

bluewillow:
All Gallic cavalry were noblemen cavalry, so function not armour sets them apart.

Cheers
Matt

FierceKitty:
I think combing lime through the hair would have meant a single hair colour for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version