Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon Errata and Rick's Blog!  (Read 3011 times)

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
Warlords of Erehwon Errata and Rick's Blog!
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:16:54 PM »
Some news on the rules front today, An Errata and "2nd" version of the Warlords of Erehwon rulebook in PDF form is out. Some changes to a few rules and some clarification. The "2nd" version of the rulebook PDF just includes the Errata changes, so it's really only probably an option for those who haven't purchased the rules yet. The rest of us get the free Errata.

Rick Priestly also now has a WoE blog. the nifty part is that it also has the Errata as well as the most recent versions of the current army lists. You can email subscribe to it for future updates and can contact the blog, i assume for questions or possibly army list requests. Links below:

https://thisgaminglife.uk/
http://www.warlordgames.com/warlords-of-erehwon-2-errata/?utm_source=Warlord+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1aca45b721-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_05_14_10_30&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b7e928b4ed-1aca45b721-132681157&mc_cid=1aca45b721&mc_eid=c6b7e8a873

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
Re: Warlords of Erehwon Errata and Rick's Blog!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »
So the new versions of the army lists have some interesting things in them. Organ guns have been added to the Dwarf list. Knightly order can make the heavy crossbowmen into handgunners at same price point and losing the heavily laden rule as well as no longer being able to take the pavisse. Also the knightly order can take cannons using the dwarf cannon listing and adjusting points for the crew. This really allows knightly order to use quite a bit of the choices from old bretonnian or empire armies.

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »
To further clarify above the point value for the stone thrower for humans is 81pts crew is 9 each, so 3 crew is 27 pts, this means that the stone thrower itself is 54 points. if you compare that to the dwarf stone thrower at 102 pts, with crew at 16 pts each, 3 crew comes out to 48 pts. add your 54 for the stone thrower and thats how you get the 102 pts.

this means that if we take the dwarf cannon at 98 pts, subtract the 48 for three dwarf crew, the cannon itself is 50 pts. so a human cannon would be 50 pts plus three crew, or 77 pts. the siege weapon is essentially the same but dwarf crew are more resilient than human crew. better armed and armored as well.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »
Are these in the errata or only the digital version ?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »
Errata and there are pdf amended  lists for all in the book on  another page in the blog

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:46 PM »
The errata which is found either on Warlords sites or the new blog, includes just the rule updates, or clarifications. the new Ver. 2 PDF rule book includes these changes. people with the Ver. 1 PDF or hardback will need to print a copy or keep them linked on their phone. It's only two pages currently. The new army list versions are on the Blog, I'm not sure if they are in the new Ver. 2 PDF rulebook. 

EDIT:Lowtardog beat me to it!  lol

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 01:50:48 AM »
I think I shall stick to pdf version when plunging into WoE - seems as if they should have done a bit more proofreading/playtesting before publishing a relatively expensive hardback rulebook?  :?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »
Yeah; dang it. I did buy the book, because after a lot of research, I was convinced this would be a good game filling a niche that was currently open in my arsenal of rules.

We have played it a couple of times now (at low points levels), and it became abundantly clear that the rules, while good at their core, can do with a lot more tweaking and polishing.

In fact; the book already came with a correction sheet for page 21! So now I'm kind of disappointed in that I will now also have to tote a sheaf of errata and addenda along. It's 3rd ed 40K all over again it seems ::)

When one buys a rulebook, it think it can reasonably be expected that it can stand on its own for at least a couple of years.

I was hoping for the release of one or two armylist books, including more armies and more extensive lists, but that has nothing to do with the rules in the 'big book'.

I'm still with it, but this does somehow feel like a bit of a let down to me...  :?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
Yeah, i'm a little put off by the rule book situation, but I've had a lot of fun playing the game and its good to know its getting consistent support and that we don't HAVE to buy the new book to get all the new info. Also I reached out to Rick about what all is definitely in Ver. 2 PDF Rule Book and he said the following.

"Yes they are – the new pdf includes 1) the errata update that basically corrects the rules and which is available as a separate download (that you can paste into your book if you wish) 2) updated army lists which are also available on my site, and 3) typographic corrections, corrections to the layout and minor production corrections."

I also reached out about the rumored upcoming additional lists, response below:

"I don’t have a target date for new warbands so I don’t know – Samurai are ready (waiting for Warlord as I did it for them) and we have a ‘Lizardmen’ list done – Ratmen are next on the list unless something else comes along – I do have a batch of flying monkeys on my desk…"

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »
Thanks for that; good to know... :)

Weirdly enough, I have very little issue with glueing clarified/corrected rules into my spanking new book, as long as they are laid out in the same way as the contents of the book, so they can completely cover and replace the old section.

I also don't mind taping a few extra sheets in there, as long as I don't have to cross-reference the rules in the book with a whole stack of paperwork on the side. Looking up a specific rule is enough of a chore as it is without going through a sheaf of print-outs every time too.

Also nice to hear some more armylists are on their way. Flying monkeys sound interesting... :D

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
Right, in the end this isn't anything that's making me grab a torch and pitchfork in displeasure.

I actually think this is a pretty decent opportunity to bring up concerns or questions on rules and have them directly answered by the writer. This seems to be a passion project by Rick.

Does anyone have any suggestions currently? I think the two things i have hear is that the pinning mechanic (exhaustion, morale, whatever it really represents) is a little too strong and decisive, which doesn't allow for continued combats as often as people would like. and then the throw-able spears. Thoughts? I'd like to posit a question to Rick and see what he thinks or if maybe he has some insight we are all missing.

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 07:12:19 PM »
I’ve only played four games so far, and thoroughly enjoyed them.
But not enough to make any firm decisions on rule changes.
For example we haven’t used any really big monsters yet..

We’re running a one day event in a few weeks in Stockport and hopefully a full days gaming with pretty open lists, may throw up some questions.

Spears, yes at first I was “wow” then I thought nah, and now I’m back to “wow”
Erm... so I’m undecided as yet  lol
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:16 PM »
From the buzz, and a couple of AARs,I am pretty convinced that the game is enjoyable, so it is only a matter of time before I get the rules.

I have laid out a series of rulesets that should allow me to start playing with a handful of minis, then gradually expand on them, until I have full sized units for playing battles (God of Battles for me):
  • Thud & Blunder (handful of minis per side)
  • One Page Rules Age of Fantasy Skirmish
  • SAGA (Age of Magic)
  • Warlords of Erehwon
  • God of Battles

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »
From the buzz, and a couple of AARs,I am pretty convinced that the game is enjoyable, so it is only a matter of time before I get the rules.

I have laid out a series of rulesets that should allow me to start playing with a handful of minis, then gradually expand on them, until I have full sized units for playing battles (God of Battles for me):
  • Thud & Blunder (handful of minis per side)
  • One Page Rules Age of Fantasy Skirmish
  • SAGA (Age of Magic)
  • Warlords of Erehwon
  • God of Battles

Agreed, I was a God of battles player, if only Jake had the opportunity to write more lists as Rick has been able to do.

I enjoy Erehwon hits the spot for our group, fast fun and doesn't take itself too seriously

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52:52 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions currently? I think the two things i have hear is that the pinning mechanic (exhaustion, morale, whatever it really represents) is a little too strong and decisive, which doesn't allow for continued combats as often as people would like. and then the throw-able spears. Thoughts? I'd like to posit a question to Rick and see what he thinks or if maybe he has some insight we are all missing.

Played half a dozen games to date, using small forces (800ish) and no magic or monsters, so just the basics to get a feel for the rules. And yep, spears seem supercharged. Same price as a sword, used twice as many times in combat, admittedly at a slightly lower success rate, but even so they are OP.

Combat in general is super destructive, over too quickly. I cannot remember any combat lasting more than one turn. It's the extra d6 pins on the break test that does it. Probably a hangover from the shooting game it was originally born from. A fantasy game with lots of hack and thrust, needs combats to last two or three turns before one side capitulates IMO.

So, house rules for us in future games. Spears are one use only in exchange of missiles, first combat they are used in. A defeated unit takes an extra pin (not d6).