Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: French Foreign Legion  (Read 939 times)

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
French Foreign Legion
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:56:45 PM »
I have just ordered some Artisan FFL and some of their WW1 Arabs (I know they are a bit out). Can esteemed members suggest other manufacturers that would fit in with the Artisan figures I'm not too fussy about height but would like them to be 'near enough'.
Many thanks for any suggestions and apologies if this type of query has already been done.
Regards
Frank

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: French Foreign Legion
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »
Which conflict/period are you playing?

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 05:31:19 PM »
Sorry I guess around 1920s something akin to The Mummy film. I would like to introduce some Copplestone miniatures and I guess, having perused this form, that there are other manufacturers I do not know. so Arab types, civilians both European and egyptianish.
Many thanks
Frank

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »
Sorry I guess around 1920s something akin to The Mummy film. I would like to introduce some Copplestone miniatures and I guess, having perused this form, that there are other manufacturers I do not know. so Arab types, civilians both European and egyptianish.
Many thanks
Frank

Ok, so that takes us into the ”khaki” period  ;) if you want more legionaires there is a very nice pack of 7-8 figures that Foundry used to sell. They are also sculpted by Mike Owen (of todays Artizan).
Gringo40´s have some nice new spahis that could work. For Arab types there is a plethora of options available from Foundry, Old Glory(both their own ranges as well as the Chaos in Cairo range), WestWind, Askari, Brigade games, Eureka among others. For sword and spear armed arabs you can also use more medieval types which there are plenty of, also in plastic. I think Copplestone, Foundry and Artizan thrilling tales are the best sources for European ”fez” miniatures. Hope that helps

Offline Oldboy

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
Traveller
Thank you very much. Looks like a night on the web.
F

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 11:20:55 PM »
Pulp Figures has a couple of packs of FFL under " the Far Flung French" section of the catalog. I especially like "Major LeDuc's Enfants Terrible" pack. Those figures have a lot of character. I intend to use them alongside my few Artizan FFL, even though the Pulp Figures are slightly more bulky.
Sailors have more fun!