Forum > Pulp

Speak to me of 15 mm Pulp Gaming!

(1/3) > >>

FifteensAway:
I know of Blue Moon, Rebel Minis, Highlander Studios, Irregular, and Khurasan.  Expand my knowledge.  And recommending larger scales is cheating.  Yes, some lovely figures in larger scales - but that ain't the question.  There are quite lovely figures in 15 mm (and 18 mm), too.  I have Sherlock Holmes - one of the best of all sculpts in all scales.  Also a couple different Indiana Jones types.  And many more.

Oh, and if you do like 15 mm and need trucks, check out Blue Moon's World War I range - they have some recent additions that look quite good.  Could even use for prohibition games!  If someone will just do some appropriate cars... >:(

So, you knowledgeable few, enlighten me (and other interested parties who stumble this way).   :D

War In 15MM:
FifteensAway, I have always seen the great beauty of 15s in terms of the opportunity they offer to deal with large armies... forces on a grand scale.  That said I have also attempted to add small details to my 15mm collections.  From my perspective Pulp is far more about the details and the individuals rather than groups or armies.  As you well know I elected to divide my attention between military/historical in 15mm and Pulp/Adventure/Victorian in 28mm.  That is not a pitch for you to follow my example.  I included that comment to provide some context for others who don't know me as well as you do.  If I had decided to do my Pulp/Adventure/Victorian collections in 15mm, that would not have changed my belief in the importance of detail to those collections.  Consequently, had I gone with 15mm for my Pulp, I would have relied heavily on HO for terrain and detail.  I would have, as I often do with my military/historical, enriched my 15mm Pulp collections with figures from Prieser.  Prieser figures offer the kind of unique poses and looks that are more common with 28s and seldom available with 15mm/18mm figures.  I have used those figures with 15mm/18mm collections many time and think they only serve to enhance the look of those collections.  By the way, there are a lot of cars, trucks, wagons, and carriages in HO that will serve.

Just between two 15mm guys, while I am deep in my 28mm mountain men collection (Foundry dominated)  at the moment, I have allowed myself to jump into putting together/gathering/accumulating another 15mm/18mm collection (a fools journey for a guy my age).  This is a WWI late war British vs German trench warfare project.  I am already adding Prieser to those figures because they offer detail options that the 15mm/18mm just don't.  I hope to add a lot of detail to this collection, and I'm sure I will be relying heavily on HO for that detail.

War Monkey:
I Check out Peter Pig, A few sets can be used German Shore Party and Armed French Resistance for Merchant Sailors. there is a few others.

Brigade Games USA (not Brigade Model, UK) has 2 sets of Pulp Figures in 15mm.

Irregular Has a couple in there Tusk Range.

Eureka Miniatures I had just received WWII pack of a Armed Sailors 5 with rifles, 2 with Thompson SMG and 2 Officers. Plus a British Office in of the Sinai set of the WWI range he can be a professor or an old Colonel

My plan is to set up a few different groups in the 1930ssuch as Americans, Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Occult Groups and Gangsters racing against each other around the world gathering Mystical Objects, Occult Objects and most likely anything else along those lines

Etranger:
There aren't that many dedicated Pulp ranges, but there are a lot of suitable figures in other ranges.
This thread over on The Wargames Website lists a lot of the suitable ranges https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/forums/topic/pulp-in-15mm/

To start wit, there's a lot on the Peter Pig site, scattered between the WWI, SCW, WWII and AK47 ranges, depending upon the flavour of Pulp that you're seeking.

FramFramson:
Minairons has a big 15mm SCW line, which could easily provide plenty of supplemental pulp characters & fodder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version