Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Left at the Bottom of the Garden - Pre-Orders coming soon  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures

Hi folks,

I'd like to let you know about Statuesque's first Kickstarter that will be launching on Tuesday - Left at the Bottom of the Garden!

Left at the Bottom of the Garden is a campaign to fund the production of a motley collection of lost toys, measuring approximately 14mm-32mm tall. It'll be quite a short campaign and I plan to get the rewards sent out quickly with just production casting still to do.

If you’re interested, or you know someone who might be, please do take a look on Tuesday when the campaign goes live.

I'll be back with more soon including links on Tuesday.

Thanks!

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:47:07 PM by Andrew Rae »

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Re: (Kickstarter) Left at the Bottom of the Garden from Statuesque
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
The Left at the Bottom of the Garden Kickstarter is now LIVE! So far, I think we're off to a good start. Please do take a look if you think you, or anyone you know, might be interested :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/description

All pledges really are much appreciated, as is sharing, commenting and liking on social media and forums.

I'll be back later on with the first painted examples of the miniatures!

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
As promised, here's are the first painted figures that I've finished - Olive, Clementine and Little Puss. They were a bit experimental, but I'm happy with how they turned out and looking forward to painting the rest as the Kickstarter progresses.

And we've passed the funding goal too!  :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/description

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
very original... i'm a fan of the Rackham Mid-Nor faction... so I like the stitched up look.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
I pledged.

I'm not sure what they're going to be used for, but they look like they'll fit in with Relics miniatures, so maybe I can cook up a weird little setting to play some skirmish games in?

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Any idea how they fit in with Plaid Hat Games boardgame "Stuffed Fables" miniatures ?
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Interesting departure from your usual fare Andrew! Very well done though, I'm sure these will have some good appeal.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Thanks, folks! Much appreciated.

I'm not sure what they're going to be used for, but they look like they'll fit in with Relics miniatures, so maybe I can cook up a weird little setting to play some skirmish games in?

I'd forgotten about them but yeah, I think they'd make great adversaries for these wee toys.

Any idea how they fit in with Plaid Hat Games boardgame "Stuffed Fables" miniatures ?

I can only judge by the photos I've seen, but I think mine are a wee bit smaller. But if there's one thing I remember about the toys I had as a child, it's that they weren't consistent scales! :)

Interesting departure from your usual fare Andrew! Very well done though, I'm sure these will have some good appeal.

Sometime you're just fed up with everything and you start sculpting odd little toys. And just don't stop...

In the latest update, I talk at great length about preparing metal castings. I doubt there's much new for folk here, but if it helps someone it's worth boring many more.  lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/posts/2515247

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Rats!

Hi folks.

The Kickstarter is going really nicely, it's great to see more backers coming on board for some weird wee toys! Many thanks to all the backers.

If your interested, please do take a look at the Kickstarter page. http://kck.st/30BWG2s

I've been painting away and got the rats finished! Here they are, singing their endless songs:

Next up will be the hoodie crows!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Those are adorable.  Malifaux players would probably find lots of them useful as proxies, that range has  a lot of dolls and puppets of various sizes.

Have to admit I thought "left at the bottom of the garden" was a set of directions initially.  "Left at the bottom of the garden, then straight on to the old oak tree, then right up Whimsey Lane."

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
They are quite fun, would also work as small constructs in Frostgrave  :).
Leadhead

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Thanks guys.

Have to admit I thought "left at the bottom of the garden" was a set of directions initially.  "Left at the bottom of the garden, then straight on to the old oak tree, then right up Whimsey Lane."

That's deliberate. :D In the story in my head, the toys leave the garden to venture into the woods.

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Hi folks. The Kickstarter continues to grow nicely over the past few days. The success is really encouraging me to get sculpting and make more odd little projects. We're currently at just over £3000 (hopefully saying that won't jinx it!) and I'm very grateful to all the backers, both for pledging on this campaign and for giving me the impetus to do more different stuff.

http://kck.st/30BWG2s

I took the opportunity last night to get some photos taken of the figures on some terrain. One day maybe I'll get a whole table painted up like this for the toys to explore...

I also rambled in an update about how folk might use the toys in tabletop gaming. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It's great to hear them!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/posts/2519349

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Hi everyone.

The Kickstarter is still going strong - I'm very grateful to all backers. It's really heartwarming to have so many homes for these weird little toys to go to. It also means the next batch of toys I sculpt (Chapter 2 in another Kickstarter) can make it through production faster as I won't have to save for printing and mastering. Every pledge really does help.

I've been painting away and have finished the penguin. I'd been looking forward to having him in his black and white glory. The painting was very experimental for me, and at several points I thought it was going to be a disaster, but I'm really pleased with the outcome. Not so much my photos but I do try...

I ramble a bit about the penguin in the latest Kickstarter update. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/posts/2523893

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
As the Kickstarter enters its final stages, by popular demand Little Puss the beanbag cat is now available all on her lonesome as a pledge Add On. I ramble a bit about the inspiration behind her in the latest Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/statuesque/left-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden/posts/2525325

As I said above, the Kickstarter is nearing its end at 11pm BST this Thursday. We continue to make good progress and it's great to see new backers coming on board every day. My sincere thanks to all the backers, and a big thank you to everyone who shares, comments and likes on social media and forums. It really does help!

Right, I better get painting those crows so they're finished before the end of the campaign!