Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR: Finding Fifi  (Read 1078 times)

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
Pulp Alley AAR: Finding Fifi
« on: April 29, 2019, 09:30:19 PM »

Bad and worse collide in the dusty streets of Spanish Morocco when mad science ruffians Projekt 55 tangle with voodoo summoner Detty Baine and her disheveled Dead Enders crew.  In this 'Gangbusters' variation, both leagues are trying to find a valuable black market contact, Fifi the Fixer.  The league that locates Fifi gains an extra Contact point, and the right to claim her as an Associate.  Nothing but bad guys here, and the level of mayhem reflects it.  Tsk, tsk, simply shocking. 
Indignant and self-righteous AAR here:  https://imgur.com/gallery/z9W7nFV
Thanks,
rags

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Pulp Alley AAR: Finding Fifi
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 10:29:00 PM »
Excellent! How long have you had those MBA buildings? Are you happy with them?

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 01:50:49 AM »
How long have you had those MBA buildings? Are you happy with them?

I've had them about 3-4 years, and got most of them at once, during a 40% off sale I took advantage of at an online game store.  I would say I'm pretty happy with them -- they're sturdy and ready to use out of the box.  The "ruin-able" feature in the Middle Eastern series makes the interiors usable, but the casting is a little rough, as you can see, and the interiors are completely unfinished.  Overall, I'd give them an average score for quality, but the sale price and ready-to-use factors made them more attractive to me at the time.  For quality, I think MBA's Spanish Main series is nicer -- better finish overall, and the red tile roofs come off for access.  The cantina and small red-roofed buildings are from that line.
More recently, I've bought some of Old Glory's Spanish stucco line, like the church, and plan to introduce them into the mix as well.  There are plenty of locations where Moorish and Spanish/Mediterranean styles are mingled, and they go well together.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:22:26 PM by ragsthetiger »

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 01:54:30 AM »
Very nice battle report! Great job👍🏻