Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Western Town Chapter 4  (Read 890 times)

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
Western Town Chapter 4
« on: May 19, 2019, 09:37:49 AM »
On the far west end of the County Line, was a small creek, that eventually snaked it's way into Patterson. The folks in these parts called it "Hamilton's Spring" after old Bill Hamilton. Bill was a pioneer. He built a small cabin where the creek turns east and heads towards town, back before there was a town.  Bill Hamilton was liked by all that knew him. When he caught the fever passed away the whole town turned out. And no one ever lived in his cabin again.

As the Stranger rides into camp, he is greeted by his long time sidekick Jersey Ed Bielcik."Gonna be any problems in town, Peter"? Bielcik was the only member of the Fritz Gang that was allowed to call "Boss Fritz" by his given name. Everyone else called him "Boss.""Goddam Beau was in town. He recognized me, for sure. I kept on riding until I was out of sight and then circled back here, Jersey" Fritz said.
"I made sure that I wasn't followed."

The Fritz gang was drifting east from Kansas, where they were wanted for several bank robberies and a half dozen killings. These were hard men, all. URL=https://s222.photobucket.com/user/nevinsrip/media/2_zpscgmkg1m5.jpg.html][/URL]

Fritz was a mean drunk, and he was drunk most of the time. He had warrants in several states, including New York where he was wanted for "Wife Stealing", of all things. Jersey Bielcik got his name because he robbed a Post Office in New Jersey. He used the money to grubstake his moving west.
The rest of the gang  gathers 'round to here what Fritz has to report. Mike "Kid" Curry, John "Hard" Boyle, Paul "Frenchy" Dupuis, Loco Mike Pocoand the Wagoner himself, Larry Riggles, were the kind of men who had lived outside the law all of their lives. Poor old Ed Watts had been left back in Kansas. He had been caught in Wichita, by two U.S. Marshals and was awaiting trial there.

Fritz let's them know that the payroll has been locked up in the Wells Fargo office and that the town is expecting a large band of Rounders, ready to celebrate the end of a long haul. There would be too many people around to do anything tonight.

Two riders came in from the Northern Route. They were bring supplies needed for the job at Wells Fargo. The man leading the pack horse was Ron Shockley, who everyone knew as "The General". Shockley had discovered the goods in his mothers barn, where they remained hidden for many, many years. With him was Ron Lopardo, a noted swindler, card cheat and con man. Both men added something that Fritz needed and they were accepted into the gang.

Loco Poko is startled and turns around with his gun pointed at Shockley and Lopardo."Calm down, Loco. Put that away" growls Fritz. "I need these two"

Fritz always insisted that the horses be saddled and ready to ride at a minutes notice. He knew that the two US Marshals that had caught Ed Watts, were still on his trail.

A birds eye view of the Hamilton place from the east.

And finally, a view from above 

End of Chapter 4

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Western Town Chapter 4
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 08:28:24 PM »
Nice setup .

RMZ